Chapter 39: Best Friend's Brother

Atsumu awoke to the sound of Sakusa's alarm going off on his bedside table. Sakusa still had his arms wrapped around Atsumu, and the blonde had to admit, it was probably the best he'd slept in a long time.

It didn't take long of Sakusa to awaken as well, and he groggily leaned back to turn off his alarm. He turned back mad pulled Atsumu close into his chest.

"Hey, Atsu," he greeted, the low gruffness of his morning-voice bringing a heavy flush to Atsumu's cheeks.

Atsumu nuzzled into Sakusa's neck shyly, "Hi, Omi," he replied.

Sakusa chuckled lowly, a rumble that Atsumu felt from where he was pressed against his broad chest, "How are you feeling?" He asked.

Atsumu hummed, "I'm okay..." He answered.

Sakusa smiled sleepily, "That's good because we have to get ready to go to the beach with everyone."

Atsumu's eyes shot open, "Right!" He said excitedly.

Atsumu immediately began to get up, ignoring the light laughter from Sakusa. Atsumu easily climbed over Sakusa and slipped off the bed to run to his closet while Sakusa was just confused as to how Atsumu did that so easily.

He heard some rustling around as he sat up before Atsumu came out of the walk-in closet and Sakusa's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Atsumu was wearing tight black board-shorts and a cropped white Skillet t-shirt, along with all-white low rise Nike sneakers with a thin black anklet. He accessorised with a simple black lace choker and a open light blue long-sleeved shirt, rolled up to his elbows. A pair of circular pink and yellow-tinted sunglasses with gold frames sat perfectly atop his perfectly styled hair, matching perfectly with the exposed gold piercing that decorated his navel. Sakusa gulped, heat flooding his cheeks as his gaze moved down to take in the contrast of the swirls of black ink against Atsumu's pretty skin that formed a beautiful fox that flowed from his hip down his thigh, perfectly on display because of the length of Atsumu's shorts.

Sakusa was suddenly overwhelmed with the urge to trace the ink of the tattoo up Atsumu's leg until his hands went somewhere he'd only dreamed of them being, and he instantly looked away as Atsumu began to rummage around his room to pack his white and metallic gold Nike backpack.

Sakusa pursed his lips, "You look amazing," he said quietly, sincerely, and Atsumu paused.

When Atsumu didn't reply, Sakusa looked back at and chuckled at the sight of Atsumu covering his face with his hands. The tips of his ears were flushed red.

Sakusa got up from where he was sitting on the bed and crossed the room to stand in front of Atsumu. He gently took hold of Atsumu's wrists and pulled them from his face. Atsumu's cheeks were colored cherry-red and his eyes were squeezed shut.

Sakusa smiled and placed a small kiss on Atsumu's forehead, and then one under his left eye, then the right eye, and then on the nose. Atsumu cracked an eye open and smiled shyly up at Sakusa. He stood up on the tops of his toes and pressed a quick kiss to Sakusa's lips, leaving him stunned.

Atsumu giggled with revenge and reached up to ruffle Sakusa's hair, "C'mon, Omi," be said, "We gotta get ready for the beach!"

Sakusa snapped out of his trance and nodded, "I'm gonna head home to get ready," he informed and Atsumu nodded.

With his revenge all planned out, Sakusa's hands found Atsumu's waist and he pulled the blonde into a long, passionate kiss. Atsumu's hands flew up, and chipped black-painted nails scratched lightly through Sakusa's hair.

When Sakusa pulled away, Atsumu was panting and his freckled cheeks were flushed red.

They reluctantly said their goodbyes after that and Sakusa walked out of the room with his clothes in his backpack. He found Osamu in the kitchen and decided to just give him a quick heads-up.

"Hey, Osamu?" He called and Osamu turned around to look at him.

"Oh, yer awake?" Osamu asked rhetorically, "I checked on ya guys earlier an' found ya sleepin'," he explained.

Sakusa coughed into his hand, "Uh, yeah, we were kinda tired from yesterday."

Osamu nodded, "Nah, it's understandable," he assured, "So ya two together or what?" He asked as he filled a glass with cold water from the sink.

Sakusa scratched the back of his head, "Ah... No, we're not, but we both like each other so we're seeing where it goes, I guess," he answered.

Osamu raised an eyebrow and hummed, "Mhm? An' denial is a river in Egypt. Ya two're gonna end up together, so don't sweat it, but remember, if ya ever break his heart, I will break one of yer bones for every tear he cries," he warned, "Don't fuck up his feelin's like our dad did."

Sakusa chuckled, "I won't," he promised.

Osamu huffed a humorless laugh, "I hope so. I'd hate to kill my best friend, but y'know, family comes first an' he's all I have left."

Sakusa nodded, "Trust me, I know. Motoya's parents are about the closest thing I've had to actual parents since I finished high school."

Osamu smiled, "I guess we're all a little fucked up, huh?"

Sakusa laughed, "Yeah," he agreed, "Well, I thought I should tell you that we're going to the beach with the group to record some scenes for the music video, so Atsumu might just be home late."

Osamu sighed, "Thanks for tellin' me."

Sakusa smiled, "Don't sweat it, dude. I have a feeling that Atsumu needs some time to process things, so I'll keep you posted," he promised.

Osamu smiled before he stepped forward, placing his glass on the counter behind him, and offered his hand out to Sakusa.

Sakusa took his hand and Osamu pulled him into a hug, clapping his free hand on Sakusa's back twice.

"Thanks, man," Osamu said once he stepped back, "I owe ya."

Sakusa shook his head, "Nah, I'm just doing what I can to keep Atsumu happy," he said with a wink.

Osamu chuckled and shook his head, "Fuckin' simp."

Sakusa grinned as he stepped back out of the kitchen, "Of course," he agreed easily, "What can I say? I'm whipped."

With Osamu's laughter following behind him, Sakusa walked over to the front door and grabbed his skateboard, "See you, Samu!" He shouted.

"Bye, Kiyo!" Osamu called back.

Little did either of them know that Atsumu was sitting against the wall at the top of the stairs, his hands over his mouth as he tried to contain the beaming smile and furious blush that spread across his face. His heart was going absolutely wild in his chest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ngl I stan overprotective Samu

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -