Chapter 22: Final Round

"That was the end of round four, people!" Ice's voice carried over the cheering of the club, "And you know what that means??"

"It's voting time!!" Hero shouted as the screen above the betting station lit up with the poll for round four.

Meanwhile, Atsumu panted as he stumbled back into Bokuto's arms, who had been ready to catch him.

"Woah, you okay there, Wildfire?" Bokuto asked and Atsumu nodded, which prompted Bokuto to lean down and ask much softer, "Are you sure you're going to make it through round five?"

Once again, Atsumu nodded, "I'll be fine," he assured, "Jus' been a while since I've danced competitively..."

Bokuto smiled softly behind the mask as he reached up to ruffle Atsumu's hair, "Alright, just don't push yourself too much."

Atsumu gave him a sharp nod, and a thumbs up before they both turned to watch the votes flood into the poll.

"And it looks like round four goes to Manic with a score of...of..." Ice's voice faltered as his eyes widened when the totals finally registered.

"Ninety-two percent," Hero said quietly, though it was loud as ever over the microphone.

The whole club was silent for a minute as everyone took in the landslide of a score that Manic achieved, and then, as if triggered by something, the roar of the crowd came back full-force. It was absolutely deafening.

Atsumu let out a huff of giddy laughter and Bokuto chuckled, ruffling Atsumu's hair again.

"Well... With that insane turn of events, it's time for round five," Ice said, hesitant at first, "The special final round!!"

Hero laughed loudly, "Hit it, Mimi!"

Suddenly, Krabby Step by Swae Lee, Tyga and Lil Mosey began to play over the speakers and Relentless immediately started their dance.

Meanwhile, Manic chilled calmly on the sidelines waiting for their turn. Komori would be leading this round, so once Relentless was finished, he made his way to the middle of the stage to start the dance.

(Video at the top:
Red hoodie = Komori
White jacket = Atsumu
Blue t-shirt = Bokuto
Blue and green hoodie = Kuroo
Light blue jacket = Akagi)

Manic always loved making their dances chaotic, and this was a perfect example of that. Yaku just watched proudly from the sidelines again as his group tore up the floor with their dance moves.

Yaku had to suppress a laugh when Komori led the others to the middle of the stage where they took their positions. They looked so dumb that it was difficult to believe that they pulled off the dances in rounds three and four.

However, their moves were perfectly in sync and absolutely immaculate, each step smoothly transitioning to the next.

When they switched formations, it was so clean that Yaku nearly forgot that they did it.

Yaku couldn't hold his laugh as the entire club sang along to the, "Aye! Aye! Captain!!" while his team just continued their performance.

Then, when Bokuto started thrusting his hips into the air, the whole club seemed to awaken with cheers and fans screaming.

Once the dance was over, the Manic crew could barely contain their laughter. This dance was definitely the second most fun out of all five that they did.

Atsumu fell sideways into Kuroo's waiting hug while they laughed together. Bokuto hoisted Yaku up onto his back as if he weighed nothing at all, and Komori wrapped his arms around Akagi in a tight hug.

"And as per usual, Manic brings the craze back in the final round!" Hero commented as he laughed.

Ice chuckled, "Well, let's see those votes!!"

The screen lit up once again with the final poll of the night and the votes flew in, tallying Manic up with seventy-four percent of votes.

Atsumu let out a short chuckle and rested his head against Kuroo's bare chest, his heart still beating wildly from the adrenaline of the competition. Kuroo just held him close and ran a hand through his hair.

Bokuto beamed while Yaku cheered proudly for his team, and Komori buried his face into the crook of Akagi's neck, careful not to hurt him with his mask.

"It seems like, for the second year in a row, Manic once again starts off with a five-null win!" Hero announced proudly.

"And that brings us to the end of tonight's competition, so goodnight everyone!" Ice shouted.

"Uprising out!" Hero finished.

That was the signal that the live stream was over, so Manic and Relentless both took their time to move off the stage and back to their respective locker rooms.

They all piled into the locker room, tired and ready to go home. They were casually chatting about the competition while they changed back into the clothing they had been wearing beforehand.

"Hey, guys...?" Atsumu asked after along moment of silence, gaining everyone's attention, "Do y'all maybe wanna camp out at the Hideout tonight, like we did last year?"

Bokuto smiled, crossing the room and hooking an arm around Atsumu's shoulder, "I'm down," he agreed.

Akagi beamed, "Of course!" He exclaimed.

Komori smiled fondly at his boyfriend before he turned to Atsumu, "Hell, yeah."

Kuroo chuckled and nodded, "I'm up for it."

They all turned to look at Yaku who laughed, "Who would I be to turn down an offer like that?"

Atsumu beamed and rushed forward to squeeze Yaku in a crushing hug, giggling like a little kid, "Thank ya! Thank ya! Thank ya!!"

Yaku smiled and nodded, "It's really no problem, Tsumu," he replied, "We'll all just have to grab a few things from our houses."

Atsumu chuckled, "An' maybe shower too?"

Yaku let out a loud laugh, "Yes, and shower," he agreed.

With that, they all grabbed their things and left the locker room. They then walked down the back corridors and up the stairs into the tattoo parlor where they said their goodbyes to Terushima, Tendou and Semi.

After that, they hopped on their boards and skated their separate directions to grab a few things from their respective homes.

Akagi and Komori went to the latter's house because, according to Akagi, he'd just take a shower there and grab some of Komori's clothes. Yaku went off to his house and Bokuto went to his. Meanwhile, Atsumu skated along side Kuroo to the latter's home since Kuroo would be accompanying him to his house to offer Osamu an excuse as to where he was staying that night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have nothing to say except that I love this choreo 🤣🤣

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -