Chapter 19: Round Two

Sakusa hadn't been expecting much when he sat down to watch the livestream of Manic dancing against Relentless.

Suna had briefly explained to him and Lev what Uprising was and who Manic was, but Sakusa hadn't expected them to be that good.

Manic wasn't just good. They owned the dance floor and practically glowed under the lights that beamed down on the stage.

They weren't even dancing with all their members and it was still insane. The energy they brought to the club was unimaginable and they seemed to be living their best lives on that stage.

In short, Sakusa wasn't surprised when the viewers had voted Manic as the winners of the first round. It was the first time Sakusa had ever seen Suna so hyped about anything before, and he understood why.

However, when the entire Manic crew stepped aside for their blonde member, Wildcard, to move to the front, Suna went absolutely wild with excitement.

"Oh! Oh!! Wildcard's going to do a solo!!" Suna exclaimed.

He was shaking like a leaf with excitement, and it honestly scared Sakusa a bit to see his usually chilled friend being so energetic.

Osamu looked like he was in pain. Suna was gripping Osamu's hand so hard that Sakusa was sure his blood-circulation was being cut, and Lev looked just as excited as Suna.

Sakusa rolled his eyes - Lev was just about as much golden retriever as he was human.

The music that began to play caught Sakusa's attention and drew it back to the screen. The song was Be Honest by Jorja Smith.

Sakusa suddenly found that he couldn't take his eyes off the screen as Wildcard began to dance.

(Video at the top: First person)

There was just something about the way that Wildcard moved that had Sakusa captivated. His pretty bleached-blonde hair and pale skin reflected purple and blue under the lights of the stage.

Sakusa could hear the roar of the crowd through the screen, but all he could focus on was the way Wildcard moved his hips and twisted his small waist.

The lyrics of the song reminded Sakusa of someone.

You see my thick thighs~
Lost when you look into my brown eyes~
See, my little waist can make you switch sides~
You never know the devil in a disguise~

Sakusa blinked as a memory of high school flashed through his mind.

It was his second year in high school, and he'd been selected to go to the All-Japan Youth training camp for volleyball.

He'd been invited along with his cousin, Komori Motoya, who he'd most likely be sticking to like glue for the next week.

When Sakusa had stepped off the train, his nose had scrunched behind his mask at the sea of people in front of them.

He remembered walking into the foyer of the Ajinomoto National Training Centre, and the way his eyes had scanned his surroundings for Ushijima Wakatoshi, Japan's third best high-school ace after Sakusa had taken the number one spot.

It was a disappointing realization when Komori had told him that Ushijima had not been invited to the camp.

Sakusa had sighed in annoyance since he'd been hoping to talk to Ushijima - he may or may not have taken quite the liking to the older ace in his first year of high school - and because Shiratorizawa had lost to Karasuno, of all teams, Sakusa would, begrudgingly, not be seeing him at nationals.

Though, his eyes had caught on the sight of Karasuno's first-year setter, Kageyama Tobio, and he'd immediately strode forward, away from Komori, to ask Kageyama about the middle-blocker he'd heard of that stopped Ushijima's spike.

He'd shoved his way through the crowd, shivering everytime he'd brushed up against someone, until he stood in front of Kageyama and began his questioning.

Mid-way through his interrogation, Sakusa felt his cousin's hand on his shoulder, "Hey, don't scare the kid, Kiyo," Komori had scolded.

Sakusa had whipped around, ready to chastise his cousin for touching him with his dirty hands, when he froze in his tracks at the sight of the person behind Komori, holding onto the brunette's sleeve.

The boy had been slim in build, and about the same height as Komori, probably a setter. His hair had been bleached to a golden-blonde and styled in an undercut with the sides and back a rich brown, which Sakusa had assumed was his natural hair colour, and he was pale in skin-tone with a pretty spray of freckles across the bridge of his nose. However, between the soft, delicate features of his face, the slight curve of his slim waist, and the way his tight black shorts did nothing to cover up the muscular expanse of his thighs - which definitely did not draw Sakusa's gaze at all - the boy's eyes were the thing that captured Sakusa's attention the most.

His eyes were golden-brown, like blazing pools of molten honey, but he seemed timid by the way he held onto Komori's sleeve.

The first thought that had run through Sakusa's head was, "Fuck... He's pretty," the second thought was an angry but inquisitive, "Why is he holding onto Motoya's jacket like that??"

Sakusa had quickly come to his senses, ignoring the way his heart beat quickened at the sight of the blonde, and turned his glare to Komori, "Who is this, Motoya?" He'd asked suspiciously.

Komori had turned towards the blonde and smiled softly, which caused Sakusa to furrow his brows, "This is Miya Atsumu," Komori introduced, "He's a second year setter at Inarizaki High."

Sakusa narrowed his eyes, "We've played against Inarizaki before, Motoya. I think I'd remember if their setter was blonde," he replied bluntly, though the blonde did look familiar and the name had rung a bell - something about Miya twins... One of them being the best high-school setter in Japan, or something?

Komori had shaken his head, "He transferred to Inarizaki from Fukurodani Academy at the beginning of this year," he explained, and Atsumu nodded in confirmation.

"Can't he speak for himself?" Sakusa questioned, his gaze turning back to Atsumu.

Sakusa remembered seeing Atsumu's eyes widen and his grip tighten on Komori's sleeve as Komori scowled at him.

Sakusa blinked as he realized that Wildcard had already completed his dance and they were now watching Relentless do their dance.

Sakusa sighed, already knowing that Manic was going to win this round too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wooo we're getting some more insight into Atsumu's past

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -