Chapter 60: Support

Suna and Yaku walked down the stairs roughly ten minutes after Atsumu did, and they stumbled across the twins in the kitchen.

Yaku smiled softly as he leaned against the doorframe to watch the scene. The twins were hugging, with Atsumu having his back facing the doorway and Osamu facing the doorway. Atsumu's face was buried in Osamu's shoulder and he was shaking slightly while Osamu ran a gentle hand up and down his back.

"It's okay, Tsumu, ya know I'll support ya in anythin'," Osamu promised quietly after they pulled away.

"Really? Ya mean it?" Atsumu questioned.

Osamu nodded, "Someone's gotta be yer alibi if the cops come lookin' for ya," he teased with a grin, "Jus' promise me, no more bein' lowered from the fuckin' gymnasium ceilin'! Okay??"

Atsumu laughed, "I'll try but no promises, Samu," he grinned before his eyes softened, "Thank ya."

Osamu pulled him in for another hug, "'Course, Tsumu," he replied, "Yer my little brother," he whispered, "I know we don't always get along, an' I worry too much, but I'll always be on yer side, yeah?"

Suna and Yaku left the kitchen after that to give the twins some time alone, but Yaku couldn't stop Suna from taking a quick photo, because unlike his high school slogan, Suna always needed the memories.

The week went by smoothly after that. Atsumu, Sakusa and Bokuto went to training Thursday evening, and they all went down to practice at the Hideout on Friday night. It was Saturday morning when they were finalizing their plans for Saturday evening.

Since the police had taken their first performance so decisively oppressive, they were willing to make the next one even bigger and even better. That meant that they were going to get serious from the next dance onwards.

The first one was just a taste - a type of warning. What it said was 'we'll do what we want and we can't be detained' to everyone who watched it.

With that established, the entire Uprising team set to work to get their message across and get their freedom.

Atsumu looked around the Hideout from where he was perched in his aerial silk cocoon near the ceiling. Oikawa and Yaku were directing and choreographing the final practice of the dance before it was performed.

He looked around at the people who they previously called their rivals: Yachi, Alisa and Kiyoko Shimizu from Fantasia; Nishinoya Yuu, Tanaka Ryunosuke and Yamamoto Taketora from Relentless; Kyotani Kentaro and Yahaba Shigeru from Uprising's in-house team; Goshiki Tsutomu and Koganegawa Kanji from Cryo; and many others.

Then there was all the supporting members like Aone Takanobu, Shirabu Kenjiro, Ennoshita Chikara and all the others who helped choreograph stunts and provided first aid if needed.

After their final practice had ended, everyone was sent home to rest before they had to change and get ready for their performance that night.

Atsumu and Sakusa headed back to the Miya residence to get ready since Sakusa had his clothing with him.

They ate lunch with Suna and Osamu, the former of which being super excited for the performance. It didn't take much convincing from Suna to get Osamu to take him to see it in person. After lunch, Atsumu took some time to work on his art project outside in the backyard, and Sakusa worked on an assignment on his laptop, outside as well but sitting at the outdoor seating area.

It was around three o'clock in the afternoon when they decided to take an two hour-long nap since their performance would only be happening at seven and Atsumu wanted to be ready and at the Hideout at half-past six.