Chapter 28: Song-writing

Sakusa and Komori sat down at the table as Atsumu took out his notebook and pencil bag.

"So," he began, "If I'm gonna help y'all with this then yer gettin' full marks," he declared.

Atsumu then opened his notebook to a blank page and began writing names down.

"Mori's gonna be on the drums, so we've got that covered, Sakusa's gonna do the bass line, I've got vocals, an' then we can ask Bokkun to do back up vocals an' rap," he said, writing roles beneath each name, "But yer piece is still gonna be kinda plain, so we gotta up it a bit. So, we get Tetsu an' Kagi on main melody on electric guitar, an' Yaku on keyboard."

Atsumu continued scribbling down on his notebook, writing notes on what he was saying.

"With the melody ya've already got, ya can easily make a build up in the pre-chorus which will make the chorus itself a lot more powerful," he said, "An' it'll also make an opening for a second verse that can easily be choreographed for the music video. From there we can head into a second chorus, then the rap, the bridge after that an' then the endin' chorus," he added, "An' since yer bein' marked on the composition an' music video, ya'll gain more marks for composing a piece with multiple instruments an' vocals instead of the usual two."

Atsumu exhaled heavily and sat back as he dropped his pencil. Komori was studying the notes carefully and nodding along.

Meanwhile, Sakusa stared at Atsumu, stunned, "How do you know so much about this?" He asked incredulously.

Atsumu shrugged, "I took music as a subject back in high school," he explained briefly.

Sakusa gave a short nod, but then furrowed his brows, "Wait... Where will we even rehearse and film this?"

Atsumu and Komori shared a knowing glance that left Sakusa confused when Atsumu nodded.

"We've got that covered," Komori assured and Atsumu hummed in agreement.

What Sakusa didn't catch was the fact that Komori had subtly tapped the Manic tattoo on the inside of his forearm through the sleeve of his hoodie – insinuating that they use the Hideout, and Atsumu had agreed.

Sakusa nodded slowly, a bit unsure of that vague answer but not willing to argue.

Atsumu then abruptly changed the subject, "So what were y'all thinkin' 'bout for lyrics?"

Sakusa and Komori shared a glance before they turned back to Atsumu and shrugged.

Atsumu sighed and ran his hands over his face in frustration, "Okay, ya two get to writin' the music finished, an' I'll start with the lyrics?" He suggested and Komori and Sakusa both eagerly nodded.

With that, Atsumu turned to a new page in his notebook while Sakusa and Komori got to work in writing the melody.

Atsumu hummed the tune softly to himself, slightly too afraid to sing it out loud since he sang in a female register rather than male. It was a strange thing, but it was natural and he'd liked it a lot before his father had reprimanded him for it.

Atsumu took a deep breath and shoved the memories away – his father was in prison now, after all.

It was late into that evening when Komori and Sakusa had looked up from where they were sitting and noticed that Atsumu had fallen asleep at the table.

Komori chuckled softly and grabbed his phone out of his pocket to text Osamu that Atsumu would be staying at their house that night.

After that, Sakusa carried Atsumu to his room because he was strong enough to gently pick him up and walk without disturbing him at all.

Sakusa laid Atsumu down on his bed since he'd so graciously offered because 'he didn't want Komori to have to take the couch'. In Sakusa's head, it seemed like a good excuse. In reality, Komori knew about Sakusa's liking towards the blonde, but he'd protected his cousin's dignity and said absolutely nothing when Sakusa took a blanket and a pillow and headed for the couch.

When Atsumu woke up the next morning, he found himself in an unfamiliar room. Though, just by looking around, he could tell it was Sakusa's room.

The walls were a dark charcoal grey and the floor was pine wood. There were posters of various volleyball players hung up on the wall, including Hoshiumi Korai, Ushijima Wakatoshi, Kageyama Tobio, Hinata Shoyo, Bokuto, a few others and – surprisingly – a picture of Atsumu, himself, back in high school from an issue of Volleyball Weekly.

There were also posters of different rock bands like Skillet and Black Veiled Brides.

Atsumu slowly sat up onto the edge of the bed right as the door opened and Komori walked into the room, "Morning, Tsumu," he greeted while he sat down next to Atsumu, "How'd you sleep?"

Atsumu took in a deep breath and rubbed his hands over his face, nodding.

"Seems like someone's still sleepy," Komori chuckled and Atsumu smiled weakly.

Komori smiled, "Go take a shower," he directed, "I'll grab you a fresh change of clothes. We've got a song to finish."

Atsumu yawned, "Okay," he answered finally.

Komori nodded and Atsumu got up to walk to the shared bathroom between Komori and Sakusa's rooms.

Atsumu showered thoroughly and made sure to clean his tattoo properly. After he got out of the shower, there was a knock on the door, and he wrapped a towel around his waist to open it.

Atsumu opened the door to see a tired-looking Sakusa, who seemed to wake up immediately upon seeing the blonde.

Sakusa gulped as his eyes traced a single water droplet that dripped from Atsumu's freshly washed hair and slid down his chest, down to the gold navel peircing that sat prettily on his smooth pale skin – how he'd never noticed it before, he didn't know.

Sakusa quickly looked up, seemingly developing an interest for the plain bathroom ceiling as his face grew hot with blush, "Hey... Motoya told me to give you these while he set up in the studio," he informed, offering Atsumu a change of clothes.

Atsumu blinked, "Yeah, uh... Thanks..." He answered hesitantly before he took the clothes from him.

After that, Sakusa went to get changed while Atsumu got dressed and made his way to help Komori. They continued where they left off while Komori's mother made them breakfast.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wee woo

Anygays, byee!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -