Chapter 35: Evasion

Sakusa and Atsumu scrambled to their feet and grabbed their spray-paint canisters to chuck in Atsumu's bag, their unfinished artistry on the wall long-forgotten.

They quickly grabbed their skateboards just as the others rounded the corner.

"Come on, the security guard is almost here!" Komori said hurriedly as he beckoned them to follow, and they all quickly ran further behind the building to escape around the other side.

"We gotta scatter," Atsumu directed, "He ain't gonna find us as easy," he explained.

"Good call," Yaku agreed, "Everyone split up and get home, it's almost morning anyway."

"And make sure to text the groupchat when you're safe," Bokuto added.

"Alright!" Akagi replied.

They ran out from behind the building and split up. Bokuto, Kuroo and Yaku split off to run down to the art block exit, and Komori, Akagi, Atsumu and Sakusa continued running towards the auditorium.

Suddenly, a bright light shined on them from behind, "Hey! You four! Stop!!" Shouted the voice of the security guard.

"Shit," Sakusa hissed, before he turned to Komori, "You and Akagi split off and exit at the engineering entrance, and I'll take Atsu through the medicine block exit," he directed.

Komori nodded before he and Akagi turned left to run down a set of stairs to the engineering buildings. Sakusa looked back at Atsumu who wasn't too far behind him, and offered his hand.

"Come on!" He shouted.

Atsumu's eyes widened briefly before he reached out and slipped his hand into Sakusa's, intertwining their fingers. Sakusa pulled Atsumu along, turning right around a corner towards the medicine block.

Atsumu had his skateboard tucked under his arm, and his eyes were trained on his and Sakusa's intertwined hands. Atsumu smiled softly and ran faster, passing Sakusa and pulling him along behind him.

Behind them, the security guard was still in hot pursuit, but he wasn't going to catch them, even as he turned to the right, sprinting after them.

Atsumu turned back to look at Sakusa with a beaming smile on his face and Sakusa's heart momentarily skipped a beat. The sun had just began to break over the horizon, and they'd been out all night. The stars above them still glittered even as the sky was painted in light blue and pastel yellow.

Atsumu's fluffy platinum blonde hair and his bright brown eyes glowed in the feint sunlight as they ran between the brick buildings of their campus.

They turned a corner and ducked into a gap between two buildings in the medicine block. They waited quietly for the security guard to run past them. Atsumu had his back against the wall with Sakusa inches away and seemingly towering over him. They held their breath as the footsteps rushed past him and disappeared into the early dawn air.

They simultaneously released the breath they'd been holding, and then they began to laugh. Hearts pounding and breath heavy, they giggled to themselves in the alleyway.

When the laughing had died down, they stared at each other through the darkness of the early dawn. Sakusa let go of their intertwined hands to stroke Atsumu's cheek softly with the pad of his thumb.

Before either of them knew it, they'd edged towards each other until their lips pressed against one another's gently. Sakusa's hand fell from Atsumu's face in favor of wrapping around his lower back and drawing him closer.

Atsumu's free hand, the one that wasn't on his skateboard, found its way into Sakusa's hair. His fingers tangled into his curls.

It was as Atsumu was pressed further back against the wall that his phone buzzed - once, twice, thrice, and then four times - and they pulled away from each other, breathless.

Sakusa chuckled, "You gonna answer that?" He asked.

Atsumu huffed a short laugh before he fished his phone out from his pocket and opened his messages.

👑Manic🐾

Hysteria🐯
Is everyone safe?

Delirium🐹
Yeah we just got to Nari's

Livewire🦉
We also just arrived at Tetsu's

Wildcard🦊
Sakusa and I just escaped the security guard
We're heading home now

Atsumu also had a message from Kuroo, so he opened it, but he immediately became worried once he read it.

Emo Kitten❤️🖤

Emo Kitten❤️🖤
Answer your messages
Osamu's going crazy

Buzzball🐝
What??

Emo Kitten❤️🖤
He just messaged me asking where you were
I told him that you were staying at Mori's again because you were helping him with his project
It seemed like he was very angry from his messages

Buzzball🐝
Shit
Okay, thanks for telling me

Emo Kitten❤️🖤
I told him that Komori would make sure that you would get home as soon as you woke up

Buzzball🐝
Okay
I'm heading home right now

Buzzball🐝 is offline

Atsumu furrowed his brows and bit his lip as he hesitantly opened his brother's contact.

Tweedledum

Tweedledum
Hey Tsumu
Where are you?

Missed call 11:32pm
Missed call 11:55pm
Missed call 12:17pm

Tweedledum
I'm getting worried
Where are you??

Missed call 12:41am
Missed call 12:58am
Missed call 1:29am

Tweedledum
Fucking hell, Tsumu
Answer your fucking phone
Where the hell are you?
You're scaring me

Missed call 1:46am
Missed call 2:24am

"Fuck..." Atsumu whispered as he clicked his phone off.

His hand was shaking, and Sakusa quickly took hold of it, "Don't worry too much about it," he said, "I'll deal with him," he promised.

"S-Samu's gonna be so mad, though," Atsumu said, trembling.

Sakusa wrapped a strong hand around Atsumu's upper arm and leaned closer to kiss him again. It was gentle and sweet, and it had Atsumu chasing it as Sakusa pulled back.

Sakusa moved his hand from Atsumu's arm to tip the blonde's chin up to look at him, "I said that I'll deal with him," he repeated firmly.

Atsumu nodded hesitantly and Sakusa smiled softly, taking Atsumu's smaller hand in his and leading him out of the small alleyway between the buildings.

After a quickly glance around to see where the security guard was, they left the campus and headed down to Atsumu's house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, I'm not that evil, y'all got the kiss this time

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -