Ch.28 - A fresh mess

Start from the beginning

'Going rodeo on my blue lewds?'

I'm inventing terminology, Ryuko. Don't stifle my genius... Now, what's the problem?

'There is no problem...' The woman replied half-heartedly.

Don't you lie to me. I'm the one person you can't lie to. I can literally feel you lying!

'Look, it's just more of the same from last night. I feel bad about leaning so much on Izuku. But I don't know what to do about it.'

The host couldn't see it, but she knew she was getting a look.

Wow. You really can't get over that, can you?

'I've built my life around helping others... not getting helped by others, ok. It's not an easy thing for me to accept... It doesn't help that the damage I'm causing by being so needy is right in front of me.'

Alright... If it's really bothering you, confront the boy and ask him to make more time for himself. Be like 'Izuku, treat, yo self.'

Ryuko rolled her eyes, her lids closed in sheer cringe. 'You've definitely been watching too much TV.'

You get what I mean, though. Right?

Ryuko dipped her spoon into her cereal, ensuring she wasn't sitting around idle in the eyes of the others. 'I get it... but I don't see him agreeing to it.'

The mental dragon pointed claw guns.

Look. Izuku might resist, but he can't do much if you say you won't attend the meetings as much.

'What concerns me is that he'll convince me otherwise... like always.'

Riiiight. Gotta be wary of the simp effect. But if this really matters to you, you've gotta try... Or, at the very least, get a conversation going.

'I suppose...' She replied uncertainly.

Like, he's earned a bit of a vacay after yesterday, correct? And we can get by in the meantime while he's on break. It's not like you'll go crazy overnight.

She put in the same effort as before. 'I suppose...'

Tempest groaned. You sound unenthusiastic, Ryuko...?

She chewed on her cheek a bit. '...I expected you to fight me on this, not encourage me.'