Ch.26 - Daddy day trainer

"Sir. It's a pleasure to welcome you back. Please follow me."

"Thank you. Please lead on." Toshinori gestured to the guardsmen.

The guard turned and walked down a long corridor, and the old hero followed.

Toshinori Yagi had returned to the famous prison complex known as Tartarus, dressed in his classic yellow suit and opting not to wear his hero suit this time.

Why was he here, you might ask?

In the eyes of All-Might, he still had a duty to perform, a responsibility to ensure that, this time... his oldest enemy would not be making a comeback.

"Not much further, sir." The guardsman called back.

"Good."

Tartarus was complicated, to say the least. It was designed to be like a labyrinth, making it harder for escapees to have any hope of finding their way out.

But, of course, it was a double-edged sword for visitors.

Despite coming here before, All-Might couldn't make heads or tails of where he was regarding the entrance. All the separate elevator rides and the identical, sterile corridors blended together, leaving his head spinning.

So Toshi had long since taken the approach of not thinking about it and leaving it to someone else to guide him.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to the design of this place..."

The guard chuckled. "They do say the hardest part about working here is learning the layout-"

The guardsman stopped suddenly, looking at one of the big steel doors in recognition.

"-Alright, we've finally arrived, sir. I'll be handing you off to the guard currently in charge of the inmate."

Toshi bowed. "Thank you for guiding me."

"No trouble at all, sir. Happy to help a hero such as yourself." He bowed back.

The retired pro waved his hands slightly. "I'm not really working anymore, but thank you."

The guard then left as the steel door opened to reveal a monster of a man...

He towered over Toshinori, with horns protruding from his head and blood-red skin.

In all sincerity, the man resembled the famous red Oni ogre from Japanese myth.

The Oni bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, All-Might, sir. My name is Steven Savage."