08. A little insight.

"Hey pilica, can you explain who are the others decks?"

"Unfortunately, I cannot." She shakes her head.

Why? Caam said some things but not everything, she warned me that other decks might not react positively if Kazuki uses them. Winda even said, 'Some might not like the attention Kazuki gets from you.'

"...But I can explain their personalities, appearances and stories."

Hearing this, I excitedly nod my head.

She puts her hand on her head thinking. "This specific deck is a little... contradictory to say the least." She nods in agreement with what she said.

Confused. "Contraditory... Huh. How so?"

She takes a deep breath. "Well, to the point where a specific person wants to erase humanity out of revenge and single-handedly succeed...?" Pilica smiled wryly in my direction.

"Huh....?" startled, I motioned with my hand for her to keep talking.

She frantically waving her arms to assure me. "They would never hurt you or anyone else you consider as a "friend", so there's no need to worry?"

The last part came more as a question than a statement, but I'll ignore that for now...

But that brings me more concerns, shouldn't they, or more specifically, other duel monsters be dead as well? There are some monsters that are humans.

Pilica as if reading my mind, "Humanity is fine, but not hers." Seeing that I'm still confused, she continues "Our world is like many worlds that are interconnected, so in her world..." Mumbling some words, pilica says "She is a 'goddess'."

Looking bluntly at the window, it may seem that I'm fine, but my head is a big tumor, trying to understand.

Pilica diggs through her bag, until she pulls out a jar of cookies. "I know it's not much, but I think they are good."

Thanking her, I get one of the cookies and they are good, very much good.

We sat in silence enjoying the cookies for a while.

After what seems like a long time, pilica break the ice. "Continuing where I left off... She has snow-white hair, her skin is pale, and her eyes are bright pink. Coincidentally, she chose her clothing color scheme based on her name." Pilica finishes by bitting her cookie.

Following pilica's logical reasoning, the only color I can think of like this... "White. Is her name white?"

She claps towards me "Bingo! You got it, here's a chocolate bar."

I don't know if I should be offended by this, but I took it anyway.

As I munched on my chocolate bar, I felt a tug in my sleeves.

Looking questioningly in hers direction, Pilica begins. "In contrast to white, there is another person. She has beautiful obsidian black hair, her skin is also pale and her eye color is sky blue." Pilica nudges me to guess who it is.

Judging the way she is talking, I think there's a pattern here. "Don't tell me that her entire attire is black and her name is also black?"

Pilica nods to me.

With an indignant face, "Let me guess, they're sisters and one is the 'good' one while the other is the bad one?" I asked with obvious sarcasm in my voice.

"You're almost right, almost." She shakes her head. "Putting in RPGs terms, one would be chaotic neutral and the other lawful good." Pilica takes another bite of her cookie.

That's... Easier to understand, I guess.

"Well, now it comes the complicated part."

"What do you mean?" I ask. Wasn't this the complicated part?

"Not entirely." Pilica shakes her head. "There are alternate versions in this deck."

...Okay, I don't get it.

"Is really confusing, but. I think you just need time to comprehend." Pilica smiles.

After a few seconds I yawned.

My vision is slowly going dark, I think this whole conversation has made me tired...

"Good night mark-, sorry. Ikari." She caress my head.