04. Training Arc

Kazuki and I have been mentally training and playing with various ideas of what we can do at the moment, but unfortunately our deck is still incomplete... That's why it's so inconsistent. I gave Kazuki a break to have a rest, he's pushing himself too hard and forgetting he HAS to rest.

Since we got new cards, I been working non stop to make the best strategies

~~La FlashBack~~

As I was in my monologue, our "father" That I didn't even realize had entered our room
"Son, while I was coming home from work, I managed to buy you some gifts." With a radiant smile

"What is it?" says Kazuki, confused.
Dad hands us three booster packs. "No way!"

"Yes!!! Thank you dad!" says kazuki while giving him a hug
Laughing a little he strokes kazuki's head as he speaks "It's fine, let's see what you'll get in those booster packs"

Nodding. Kazuki starts opening the first pack...

"Petit Dragon..." "Charmers?"

"Reverse jar..." "That's... Cool."

"Eater of Millions..." "WHAT?!"

"Mirror force..." "Is this really his first pack?"

"Trent..." "Random, but okay."

"Common Charity..." "WHAT THE F*CK!?"

"Wolf..." "Okay, so. Now is it going to be rare?" "And Pilica, Descendant of Gusto." "YES!!!!!!!!!!!"

Opening the next pack:

"Daigusto Sphreez" And then I blacked out.

~~La Flashback Endo~~

We are still missing some important gusto's cards, but we got the majority. While I was thinking, dad and kazuki's were talking through a phone with one of the professors of school.

"Great, so in a couple of days we'll meet at Central park to have kazuki duel with you?" Questions dad.

*muffled cell phone sounds*

"Great" says an excited dad.

After saying goodbye to each other, father goes to a closet, taking a duel disk. He starts

"This is... Something that I haven't used for a very long time..." Giving a nostalgic smile.

"Thankfully it still works, just needs a little tweaking here and there... " Taking some tools he starts to repair some parts that were loose. After two minutes he hands it to kazuki and says

"Son, now it's your turn. My time as a Duelist may be over, but you're just getting started." Eyes shining, kazuki answers "Thank you dad!"

"It's a good thing that they are happy... But why do I feel so... lonely?" pondering, It seems that I was so close but yet so far... I can't remember.

.

.

.

.

Five days have passed since we lost. Kazuki has shown a lot of dedication in wanting to learn more about gustos, I have never felt so proud.

But enough of my feelings, now is the time to test everything we've done against someone. Who is this 'someone' you asked? A great question! One of the school's teachers. Who specialize in specific strategies.

This will be really nice to see how far behind I am compared to other people in terms of tactics, but not only that but also making kazuki gain more practical experience of how duels works.
The Duel will take place in a public area. Fortunately there are places to duel within the city.

Forgot to mention, we're on our way to this area right now, our 'dad' is driving us there.