05. Training Arc #2

Night, Kazuki's house.

"I am.. so Tired." Groaned kazuki, before droping on the bed, "I think I'll sleep a little..."

Looking back on past events, it was quite intense, after the first duel we had an action duel and boy. That was exhausting, even for me who was just watching. It's been chaotic since I woke up, first it was the 'two personalities' problem, the bully, the girl And now the cards speak.

"You really like talking to yourself, huh." Comented Kamui.

"Do you want to be punched in the face?" I said with an angered face.

"Easy there, you don't want to wake up kazuki do you?"  With a smug face, "And you don't want to hit the MVP do you?"

Before Kamui can coment any longer, he's hitted on the head by a staff.

"Ow! What's that for?!" While rubbing his head in pain.

"For fooling around, now let's go back." Says Reeze while pulling him, "Sorry about him, he likes to play a little and before I forget... Caam! You're up." Portal And... now they're gone.

Appearing from a dim green light, Caam nods her head towards me.

"Nice to finally meet you Ikari." Greets Caam.

"Finally?" I asked. "Wait, you mean that you guys were waiting to talk to me?" Thinking more clearly... I do remember my cards reacting in a strange way, but no one else was noting this. Except that strange girl.

"You're right. We wanted to be able to communicate with you since you arrived. Especially winda." She sat on a chair close to the bed. "Remember when kazuki said 'you saved me', before that he actually choose to die." I do remember kazuki saying the same thing. But I thought he was hallucinating... Was I supposed to take kazuki place? "I don't know how things came to this, but I- no, WE are happy to see you again." She gives me a fond look.

"He choosed to?" I asked. "Was I going to be transmigrated?" This implies that Kazuki would be dead. And I don't like it one bit.

"Correct." Agreeing while nodding. "Fortunately, he survived. But that has taken a lot energy from him." A lot of energy?  He's having too much energy, in fact he can play hours in a duel. "You may not notice this now, but as the time goes he will become more weak."

OH! That's great!! Definitely good news. She just casually dropped a bombshell.

"What do you mean by 'weak'?"

"His vital source was pretty much drained. Of course he can restore a little with time, but It's not even going to be a half of the full thing."  She puts the blankets over kazuki. "Your own energy is being transferred to kazuki's. While that won't bring any harm, It will make you more tired and if you don't have any energy left... You will be asleep for a very long time."

We were silent letting this information sink in.

"Was this... no, did any of you..." She interrupts me, "No. We didn't bring you here."  She denies quickly.

We stayed in silence for a few more minutes.

"I'm... Sorry for assuming." I replied saddened.

"It's fine. I can understand. Just letting you know that you're not alone." She says with a calm smile, soothing my worries. "Don't feel regret, because that's not yours or anyone's fault."