“Father!” Hunter was in shock hearing Omega’s scared tone, he listened to her describing that there was a gunman in the house and that the others were hurt and on top of that Amber had been kidnapped but they had been saved by a mysterious man. Fives only drifted the car into the drive as the two sprinted into their house only to find such a sight. Tech was covering Casey’s small body while Crosshair was performing life saving surgery on Echo, with Wrecker passing over tools. Omega and Hera were under a table with the twins, Naomi with her curious eyes looking at everything while Colton slept through it all. 

“Tris, what do you need?” Hunter questioned just as an ambulance crew turned up, not just any. Nope it was the Elite Squad. Even Kix and Jesse had arrived with Rex, Obi-wan and Ahsoka, the latter having joined the police force. 

“Check the kids” Crosshair gasped out ignoring his on fire head, which Jesse noticed the sweat coming off their son. 

Rex and Obi-wan were having a look for any evidence, if they could find anything when the two were shocked by a familiar voice coming over the radios. 

“Obi, I know you can hear me. But, I need help. Acher cliffs, hurry up! I can’t hold on much longer” 

Rex and Obi-wan shared a ‘look’ that voice wasn’t just anybody’s, nope that was Codys…

Almost everyone looked at each other with mixed expressions, wondering what to do when another message came over the radio waves…

“Please hurry, Amber is bleeding, someone answer the fucking radio…stay awake sweetie, I swear on my own father’s grave that I will make sure the bastard is dead once I get you some help…Amber, keep them eyes open…come on, there we go…fancy speaking to your parents…known Rex is on his way…” 

A violent cough came over the radio that they could all tell it was from Cody, the commander coughing violently even more as Amber’s sweet innocent voice came over the radio. 

“Daddy? Mummy! We need help! Uncle Cody, can’t hold on much longer. The mean man stabbed Cody and now we are hanging above the seas, please…come get us…uncle Cody, stay awake,...Cody! Mummy! Daddy! Please help….no! Uncle Cody keep your head up…Kobi!” 

Amber’s cries continued as Rex and Obi-wan dived for their cars and tracked the location with the help of a certain Ryker brother who hacked through the satellites, Obi-wan didn’t even scold him as they knew they only had minutes as it sounded like their loved ones were trapped on a low cliff’s edge.

“Daddy? Mummy? Papa? Please help, Kobi….stay awake…Cody…what about…Cody? DADDY HELP! CODY GONE!” 

Rex basically dived out of his car as did Obi-wan on the passenger side as they sprinted for the location. The two took notice of crumbling rocks and what looked like a grappling hook. Rex made sure to secure it so he could look over the edge and that’s when he spotted something. He wished he didn’t. 

There on a ledge below the two was Amber, his brave baby girl held tightly to a hand of what was clearly an unconscious Hardcase, the man who had caused all of this was being saved by his daughter who thought everyone could be saved while Cody was nowhere in sight which only worried the captain some more, his childhood best-friend was gone. He tried not to think about it as he abseiled down to the cliff and managed to secure the corrupted cop and his daughter who clung to him. Sirens from above alerted him to the backup, Obi-wan appeared helping Amber over the edge while Jesse and Fives helped Rex with the unconscious Hardcase. 

“Where’s Cody?” Amber coughed out as she felt arms wrap tightly around her, Rex only pulled her close whispering words to her as he reassured her they were looking for him.