*******************

Ashford Pov

"Mistress. Mila is leaving the castle."

I snapped out of my thoughts. I grabbed a large cloak and made my way to the back of the palace. I wish Makay was here. I would've loved to have her as my back up. But she's out trying to keep the people of The Outlands safe. It saddens me that all the improvements that Mickey and Declan have done in The Outlands are being undone by their warlocks. I've heard they've killed a lot of Outlanders. Brutally. I've decided to go and help Makay and the others. Whether I found out about what's going on with Mila or not. It's killing me to just sit back and do nothing.

Plus, I think if I'm there, Mickey will fight harder. Now that could just be the musings of a woman in love but I love Mickey that much to try. I saw Wally. "Wally, I need your help with something. Can you come with me?"

"Of course, princess." He put on a large cloak then we were off. We left from the back and circled around towards the outskirts where the humans live. Soon, we saw her. Humans are not as stealth as we are. I heard her long before I saw her. She cursed everytime she tripped. She attacked a branch that had the audacity to be in her path. She will require a lot of work if she is to be our mate. A total cleanse. She's a very unstable and miserable human. It's so bad that it's mucking up her aura.

When she made it to the outskirts she went to a transporter mechanic shop. There were a bunch of humans sitting out. I looked at Wally in confusion when she went up to a tall man and kissed him. She flirted, twirled her hair. Wally shrugged. I shook my head. What the devil is she doing. Is this why we can't bond? Because she loves another.

She whispered in his ear. He smirked and it was full of malice. He looked left and right before he hailed someone over. The human came with a vial of something red. It looked like blood but the smell was putrid. I can smell it, even from here. "What are they doing with putrid smelling blood?" asked Wally.

I shrugged. Growing more worried by the second. I don't know what to think. I don't want to jump to conclusions because I don't trust her. That's why I want proof. I don't want to accuse her based on the fact that I don't like her as a human. I need to go with proof or Mickey will never believe me or he would think that I'm trying to sabotage us mating again.

When I first started following her. I pressed record on my comm so all this is being recorded. Her and two other males left. They walked and laughed until she made it to another destination. She handed the vial of putrid smelling blood to one of the human males. She suddenly stilled. She looked around. We quickly ducked behind a building. She waved her hand. A transporter arrived. The two males got inside. My hearing isn't as good as a full blooded elf, but I heard her say something about the Northern states.

I pulled up Uncle Cain's profile. Tapped several buttons. Then cursed. Cain is in The Outlands. No matter. I will find out why she's sending blood to Lord Cain's territory. When she said something about the South I froze. That's my grandfather's territory.

Even though he, along with the rest of my family, doesn't want anything to do with us because of what my mom did I won't let anything happen to him or the rest of my family. For some reason the hairs on the back of my neck stood. I had a bad sense of foreboding. What are these humans planning and how do we stop them without killing them all and redereding the species extinct.

Why is Mila doing this? Does it have anything to do with that male human that she was kissing? I shook that off. I won't jump to conclusions without answers. The two males got inside the transporter and left.

She had a smug look as she walked to her next destination. When she made it to a small cottage on the outskirts, my whole being started to resonate. I felt light. I felt dizzy and I had a dull ringing in my ear. I felt. I don't know what else I felt. It was an urge. An urge to move closer. An urge to run inside there and do something. Anything.