34 [happy birthday!]

***********

(2 weeks later ; Y/N's POV)

Today is Emma's birthday! I spent some time getting her gift ready, it's just a basket with lots of goodies thrown in it. I couldn't decide on one gift, so why not all? Im honestly surprised she didn't chose to have a huge extravagant quinceañera. She does love to plan out events and parties, so I was kinda expecting for her to plan out a party for herself. One rule she had for all the guests was to wear all white. I have never been to a party where we have to go in dress code. 

"Can the gift be from both me and you?" Max tied up a bow to the basket.

"Im sorry, but no. Just get her a gift card"

"I did but its so little, even Justin got a better gift and he hates her!" he whined.

"Fine. I'll just say one of the gifts from the basket is from you. Wait, Justin got a better gift?" I shook my head to process.

"Yup! Come see" 

We went over to Justins room, and he was not joking. Justin had gotten her a whole journaling set, a perfume, and a book. You're probably thinking who on earth would want a book and journaling shit for a gift. The perfume was the only thing that would get my attention. 

"oh she's gonna love that" I looked at Justin who was holding the gift.

"I didn't want to get her anything but I would look bad if I showed up to the party with no gift" 

"how did you even get invited? She hates you!"

"she just ran out of friends to invite" he laughed. "Why do we even have to wear white? It feels like we're going to a funeral or something"

"That's the dress code. Im not a big fan of it too. Is Alex ready to go? I don't want to keep Emma waiting" 

"Ready! Come on guys, we don't have all day" Alex flashed us to Emma's house.

"Why are you in a rush?" Justin knocked on the door.

"The last episode of my favorite show premiers tonight and I don't want to miss it! Im not going to stay here until 6 just to miss my show"

"Happy birthday!" we all shouted as Emma opened the door. 

"Thank you guys! You all made it!" she welcomed us inside. "Gifts go on that table, thank you very much"

"Y/N and I combine out gifts together" Max told her.

"Yeah, sure" I said.

"Where is everyone? This place looks like a ghost town" Alex looked around.

"You guys are an hour early. The party doesn't start until 5"

Alex and I helped Emma set up a few more of her decorations before the rest of the guests arrived. The whole place was decorated in different shades of purple, and there were white roses  all around.