15 [wizard exposed]

**********

(Y/N's POV)

Homecoming was everything I had hoped for and more. From the moment I stepped in, I could feel the excitement in the air. Max and I danced all night long, barely had any time to talk to Emma. Not my fault she was working most of the night. Max and I left the gym with Emma.

"homecoming was so much fun! Let's go again!" I said skipping down the path.

"Says the one who didn't want to go" Emma laughed.

"It was magical Emma, you never told me it would be this much fun! I mean, the food can have an upgrade to at least some sandwiches, and the punch was missing some flavor. But everything else was great!"

"Emma, are you staying to clean up still? Max asked.

"Shoot, yes! Ugh this is the negative side of being in ASB. Are you two walking home together?"

"Sure, I'll walk y/n home" Max smiled.

"oh you don't have to Max-"

"Its almost 12, I'm not letting you go home alone" Max puts his arm around me.

"COMING! Sorry guys gotta go help out now, stay safe kids" Emma left back into the gym.

Max and I started walking to my house. It's not too far from school, only like a 10 minute walk. The whole way there he was either holding my hand or had his arm around me. I looked calm from the outside but on the inside I was freaking out with excitement.

"What was your favorite part from tonight?" he asked.

"maybe when you spilled punch on Emma's dress. That was hella funny" I laughed.

"You don't think she's gonna make me pay for her dress, right?"

"I hope not"

"Why did we stop?" 

"this is my house Max, thanks for walking me home" I got out my keys.

"So that's it, you think it's just a goodbye? Im not leaving y/n"

"Max, my parents might see you here. You know how there are!"

"Its a Friday night, aren't they out late every Friday?"

"oh yeah.. I guess you can stay for a while" I smiled.

**********

We walked inside the house, all nice and warm

"Woah, why does your house look nicer than mine?!" Max said amazed.

"My mom was an interior designer before she quit her job, my parents are such pigs though. I don't understand how they keep this house so clean.".

"how's everything with your parents?" Max sat down on the couch.

"its been getting worse.. they've been fighting more and more. My dad for most of the part. I feel bad for my mom sometimes, even tough she has a new man almost every week. It's embarrassing".

"Im sorry about that.." Max held my hand.

"anyways! Do you want something to drink?" I offered.

"Im good, I should probably get going" Max stood up.

"Why so soon?"

"You look tired, I don't want to keep you up any longer"

"I don't mind, but I understand. Thanks for everything Max. I had a fun time tonight." I hugged him goodbye.

As we hugged something fell and hit the floor. I looked down and looked back up at Max. It seemed to be some sort of wand.

"What is that?"

"Nothing!" Max picked up the object.

"Max.. do you carry a kid's toy with you?" I laughed.

"Its not a kids toy!"

"Then what is it?"

"I can't tell you, I want to but I just can't!"

"Max, what did we promise each other earlier tonight?"

"No more secrets.." he looked down.

"Then? What's so bad about this?" 

"One, I'm not supposed to say one word about this, and two, you probably won't believe me"

"Oh what, you're some sort of wizard like Harry Potter?" I laughed.

Max looked at me in silence. I know that look.

"There's no way.."

Out of no where, Max makes a bouquet of beautiful tulips appear.

"YOU"RE A WIZARD!" I say surprised.

"does that make me seem even cooler now?" he smirked.

I give Max another hug, "I won't tell anyone, I promise".

"wow it feels good getting it off my chest!"

"this is insane, are you the only wizard in your family?" I asked.

"Alex and Justin are too, my dad is a former wizard. When he married my mom he had to give up his powers" he explained.

"What, why did he do that?"

"Wizards can't date or marry mortals.. so he gave them up".

I could feel my heart drop hearing him say that. This means I may never have a chance with him, I would be the reason he would lose his powers. I wouldn't want that to happen to him. I had so many thoughts in my mind, so many questions. I wanted to ask more but would that be too much? 

"but Alex and Mason?.."

"Oh yeah, Mason is a werewolf!"

"there is no way. Wait, won't you get in trouble for telling me all this?"

"Well yeah, but I don't really care to be honest. besides, Justin was the one who told me to tell you so just blame him"

"Justin? Your brother, the one who follows and obeys every rule?! Ha there's no way he told you that".

"I know right, hard to believe! I'll let you get some rest now, come over to my house tomorrow! We're having Russo family game night"

"but I'm not a Russo"

"not yet" he flashed out.

**********