1 [new beginning]

First day of school in New York. Gosh, I am not liking this at all. Moving here hoping life would be better. Wasn't expecting waking up to loud music... what a great way to start the morning. 

"Goodmorning y/n, serve yourself some cereal" said my mom.

  Nancy, my mom,  isn't the best. She is out almost overnight, and leaves me with all of the responsibilities in the house. She had me at the age of 17. I'm surprised she didn't abandon me, thank god. Theres times where she is caring, but that's really rare. 

I opened up the fridge door. Not a single piece of food was in there, not even milk. 

"I thought you said there was milk?" I questioned as I sit down on our old dinner table. 

"Oh really? Your dad must have drank it all then", my mom said while laughing.

 Does she really think this is funny? I'll just have to go get breakfast at school. I walk back to my room, I see my dad laying in bed watching a sports game. 

"y/n, we don't have any food yet, go get us some fast food after school, yeah?"

 My dad's name is Robert. Same as my mom, not the best. He is way worse. He is always arguing with my mom, not even home for a full week. Who knows what he does out.

 "sure" I said looking down at the floor. 

I pick up my phone and see 7 missed calls from Emma. Emma is my best friend, more like a sister to me. We've known each other since we were 7 and 8. I am a year older than her, I'm 16 and she is 14, 15 in November. Her and her family moved to New York last year, which left me feel like I had no family. Her family always welcomed me to their home whenever things at my house got too intense. 

I eventually get another call from Emma, "Hey girl! Ready for your first day of school?"

"no. We won't even have any classes together" I said. 

Sucks that she's a sophomore and Im a junior. It's a pain in the butt making new friends. 

"You gotta give me a tour of the school, I'll be lost" I said.

"You know I will, I'll meet you by the entrance" said Emma.

Well, on my way to school. Yay...

*************