24 [quit]

A/N: Ok so I listen to music while writing the story. While reading this chapter listen to "quit" by Cashmere Cat ft. Ariana Grande, it sets the mood and tone of this chapter. please and thank you.

***********

-next day-

(Y/N's POV)

When will I understand that I shouldn't love my best friend. I shouldn't think of him as more than  a friend if it's going to continue to hurt me. Everything was going perfect last night until Talia showed up. For a second there, I thought he really cared about me. He made me feel safe in that moment. 

"I still can't believe that she really came in and ruined your night with Max!" Emma sat down next to me.

"I can't with him no more. He needs to open his eyes and realize that she is a piece of shit. She is literally no good for him or for anyone!" I said aggressively.

"ok calm down there, don't let your feelings take advantage of your anger" she advised.

"By the way, I had a talk with his mom. Uh, how can I say this without you getting all offensive and hurt... She basically offered me to live with them" I told Emma.

"What! You're gonna go live with Max?!" Emma stood up.

"I don't know yet! She told me there's an extra room in the house if I'm fully interested. Besides, having Alex there would make things normal, think of it as having a sister?" I said.

"what about me!? I don't mind sharing a room with you, you know that!" she tried to change my mind.

"I know that, I just feel that sometimes Im taking advantage of your space. I want to go back to my house, but I think my mom started using. I still have to think about what I want" 

"Do whatever you think is right, I'll understand your choice" she smiled.

"Alex is calling, I wonder what she wants" I answered the call.

-call-

Y/N: Yes?

Alex: my mom just told me.

Y/N: ohh, Alex look I don't know yet-

Alex: You're gonna come live with us!?

Max: She's going to live with us? *I heard him in the back*

Y/N: No! Maybe, I don't know yet!

Alex: Finally there's gonna be another girl in the house!

Y/N: I don't know yet Alex! But you'll be the first to know once I make up my mind, bye now

Alex: Wait Y/N!-

-call ended-

***********

(Max's POV)

(Max's POV)

"She's going to live with us?" I asked Justin.

"Apparently mom offered her the extra room in the house. Why, are you happy?" Justin smirked.

"dude shut up-"

"She said she's going to think about it!" Alex came running down. "Max, if she does come don't you think you're gonna be around her all the time, oh my gosh Im finally going to have a sister!"

"We're going to adopt Y/N?!" I shouted.

"No we're not Max, we're not right?" he turned to Alex.

"No, I was joking. I wanted to see the look on Max's face" she laughed.

"relax guys, we still don't know if she is for sure going to stay with us" my mom told us.

"And if she does?" I asked.

"If she does, we'll see what will happen next" she said to me.

"I know what that means" Alex laughed.

"So man, have you figured out the whole situation with Talia?" Justin asked me.

"yeah, I'm just going to wait a bit before I tell her. Her parents are getting a divorce, she's real upset about it. I don't want to hurt her even more" I told him.

"Oh yeah, what about Y/N? Haven't you hurt her enough, you didn't even know what was going on with her and her parents. Even I know the tea" Justin scoffed.

"you think I don't know?!"

Why is everyone making this so complicated. They all expect one thing from me, and I can't grant it. All they've been talking about this whole morning has been Y/N. Y/N this, Y/N that. Now what's going to happen, is she going to come stay with us? if she does I know I'll have to treat her better than how I've been treating her this past month.

***********