5 [ask away]

***********

I didn't know where to start

I didn't know where to start. Max wanted to know more about me, what is there to say?

"Well what do you wanna know about me?" I asked.

"Where are you from?" asked Max.

"I'm from Los Angeles, moved here to be closer to Emma. She's like a sister to me, I really needed to be near her".

"Why? Couldn't a long distance friendship work between you two?"

"Well yes, but that's not the point Max"

Max was confused by what I meant. He gave me a confused look.

"Stuff at home wasn't the best. Being near Emma and her family made me feel safe. I Just convinced my parents to move here to New York cause of school. I told them it was the best in the country" I said.

Max laughs "No way you told your parents Tribeca Prep was the best!.. Anyways, what was going on at home?".

"Not much, my parents just argue a lot. Don't worry about it".

I wasn't sure if I should tell Max about this. I told him, he listened. Something told me I could trust him. I don't know him well yet, but I trust him. 

"Are you ok? Is everything good at home right now?" He asked.

"Yes Max, I gotta go now. See you tomorrow" I smiled as I left the sub shop.

***********

(Max's POV)

I didn't know what to say when y/n told me what's been going on at home. I just sat there like a fool listening to her reasoning. She told me not to worry but I can't help it. 

"y/n left so soon? Mom and dad wanted to meet her" said Justin as he walked over to me.

"Yeah.."

"What's wrong Max? Was she not interested in you?" he laughed.

"Shut up man!"

I can't tell anyone what y/n told me. This was like our little secret, I guess. I was about to spill everything to Justin, I was holding back the urge. I don't want y/n to get pissed at me if I said a word. It may not be a huge deal to her but I don't want any chances of ruining the start of our friendship. 

***********