14 [wanna dance?]

***********

(Y/N's pov)

We have arrived at homecoming, walking through the doors. I couldn't help but feeling a mixture of anxiety and excitement. The school gymnasium was filled with enchantment, adorned with twinkling lights and vibrant decorations. The music pulsated through the room, and students filled the dance floor, twirling and laughing. Max and I stopped for a bit before entering.

"Do you think they have fruit punch?" he asked.

"I'm sure they do" I laughed.

We walked in and looked for a table. It felt like a movie, Max pulled the chair out for me to sit. I saw Talia from the corner of my eye but shrugged it off. I didn't want nothing or no one to ruin this night, my night.

"I'll go get us some drinks" Max said as he walked off.

"Take your time" I smiled.

***********

(Max's pov)

I didn't want to leave y/n alone but I needed to go talk with Talia. 

"Max" I heard a voice call my name, it was Talia.

"Oh hey Talia-"

"So are we not going to talk about the other day? You've been giving me mixed signals. Do you like me or not?" she asked.

I didn't know what to say. At this point it was a competition between both Talia and y/n. 

"Give me a few more days to think, I still don't know.."

"no worries, better get going now before your date sees us talking. Bye Max" she have y/n a look.

This decision is more difficult than choosing which pair of socks to wear. I don't want my friendship with y/n to get worse, and I don't want to lead on Talia.

I walked back to the table and noticed Emma had arrived.

"Emma aren't you supposed to be helping out here?" I asked.

"I don't gotta work until 9, all ASB students are taking their turns so we could enjoy the night! You guys aren't just gonna sit here and talk right?"

"dancing is not my thing Emma, you know that" y/n laughed.

"yeah same here" I said.

"If you two don't dance or do something I will kick you both out of the dance!".

**********

(Y/N's pov)

(Y/N's pov)

Max and I have sat at the table doing nothing but eating food and talking.

"What are we even doing" Max said.

"Eating junk food, that's what we're doing" I replied.

We all just sat there doing nothing but watching others dance and enjoy their time. The music suddenly changed to a much slower beat.

"looks like the slow dancing song came on early" Emma winked at me.

"You're right Emma! Y/N, may I have this dance?" Max asked extending his hand.

"I don't dance, especially not to slow songs" I said blushing.

"Come on y/n" he dragged me onto the dance floor.

"Max!" I giggled.

"Just follow my lead" his expression softened, his eyes filled with warmth and affection. 

As the music shifted to a slow, romantic melody, Max and I found each other  wrapped in each other's arms. Time seemed to stand still as we swayed together, our bodies moving in perfect harmony. The world around us faded away. 

"Max, lets make a promise" I said to him.

"Yes?"

"lets promise to not keep secrets from each other from now on" I looked at him.

"Is this cause of Talia?" he asked.

"No, not at all! I just want to know I can trust you, if you understand".

"Ok y/n, no more secrets from now on" he smiled.

I smiled at him as I laid my head on his shoulder, continuing to dance. I could feel his heart beating faster. I looked over at Emma as she gave me a "thumbs up" and a wink. I closed my eyes, feeling Max's arms wrap around my waste. This has to be the most magical night ever.

***********