22 [make up]

***********

-1 month later-

(Y/N's POV)

I am still staying at Emma's house, everyday and every night. I don't go see my mom every weekend no more, she left to go get better. I hope she's doing alright though. Oh, and Max and Talia are still together. Although it seems like they've been together for years! That girl doesn't give him a break, they are glued together! Always together at school, after school, and on weekends. It is so annoying, and every time I try to talk to Max about my personal life, Talia is always there to ruin it. 

I wanted to go back to my house to see if my mom was home. She told me she was going to return for a few days, so I went to go see her. I walked into my house and everything seemed normal. 

"Mom?" I called out.

I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. I thought it was my mom for a second. A tall man walked out. Looks like she still has a new man every week.

"Who are you?" the man asked me.

"I'm Y/N, is my mom here?" I asked.

"she's in her room" he told me.

I went to her room and saw she was sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up so I just left. Other than her new man, I think she's doing well. I sure hope she is. I didn't want to waste anymore time there, the guy low-key creeped me out a bit. I went to my room to go pick up a few clothes and headed back to Emma's house.

**********

"Guess who stopped by" Emma came up to me

"oh my god, was it Justin?" I laughed.

"heck no, I would close the door on him. It was Max you dummy"

"Really? Well what did he want?" I asked.

"He was looking for you, he said you two needed to work on a project for class. He tried calling you but you wouldn't answer" she explain.

"My phone died, did you tell him I was at my house?"

"No, I wanted to see him worried for once" she smirked.

"You should've told him! What if he thinks I'm ignoring him or something?" I plugged in my phone.

"Well that's what I'm hoping he thinks. Look Y/N, you need to win him over! Show him that you don't think of him as just a friend. You need to show you're jealous of him and Talia!" Emma nudged my elbow.

"The only thing I want from him right now is for him to listen" I said clearly.

"yeah me too honestly. I've been trying to ask him if he wants to donate blood for the schools blood drive but he keeps running away or making up excuses" Emma said.

"I would too" I laughed.

"Speaking of blood drive, are you interested in donating? It's for a good cause!" Emma said cheerfuly.