Cheating Heads or Tails

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) was too late to help them, and him being there may as well have gotten them all killed. A collection of Satyrs he never knew, never had anything to do with, who just wanted to help, who wanted to protect people and the earth, had been wiped out because of him.

In most cases, (Y/N) would have flown into a rage, tracking down those responsible immediately, but that was the reaction the enemy wanted, this was so unnecessary, so evil, that his anger was cold, silent, he was filled with such rage that all he could do was act on it.

He knew there was nothing he could do for them now, except give them his blessing, which he did, though he doubt it mattered much to those reincarnated. He moved on, knowing the importance of his mission.

He was no longer worried about being tracked by Lycaon. He knew what the wolf king had done, cut (Y/N) off, stopped him from getting help, meaning that Lycaon's next target was the same as his.

(Y/N) didn't hide in the alleys any longer, he walked down the street, almost hoping the wolves would be bold enough to attack him, he needed to vent his anger on something. But they didn't. Meaning his search was uninterrupted.

He used the powers of his eyes to find her, burning himself as he did. The golden sheen of a goddesses soul wasn't as easy to hide as you'd think, plus, it was fairly easy to find her, he just headed to a local casino.

Hus first idea was just to head to the high stakes poker tournament and she'd be there, but nope, she was in the corner of the room playing pachinko on her own. He watched as she got the jackpot without looking, her attention divided as he approached.

"You almost got me killed." He said coldly as he stopped, she blew smoke out her mouth and smiled, she looked different, he guessed this was her other form. "Sorry about that, but I had to hide from them too y'know, you provided an excellent distraction, and a free pastry."

He wanted to say "And got people killed" But he figured this goddess wasn't one he would want to be on the bad side of. "Oh yes, I saw that, terrible shame, a few of them got lucky though, travelled through a few trees with the help of some nymphs and escaped." She said.

Then she looked at (Y/N) with a smile and asked.  "Finally come to say thank you?" "What?" He responded, but she ignore him, "Took you long enough, how many years since that promise? If I knew your manners were that bad, I wouldn't have helped," She said vaguely in a New York-ish accent.

"You were wrong anyway, it was a two in five chance. Not really that impressive if you think about it. Hardly even luck, just math really." She shrugged, taking a drag of her cigarette and blowing the smoke upwards.

Suddenly it filled the room and (Y/N) felt like the world had stopped around them, as if the two of them  were separated from the rest of reality. He stood there in amazement, looking over the goddess.

She was as skinny as a rake. With short choppy brown hair and small studded earrings, not to be rude, but she reminded (Y/N) of a very wealthy looking wine mom. With a wicked smile and a sort of bored look about her.

She wore a green sequin dress like a Vegas showgirl, with long gloves that reached her elbows, and had one of those cigarette things so she could smoke it from far away? What are those things for anyway?

She looked at him expectantly, her deep green eyes staring at him, suddenly, he was sitting, before him was a table full of food, before (Y/N) went feral on it, she cleared her throat, "What do we say?"  Through gritted teeth he said "Thank you Tyche"

Frank's POV

One look out the window, and Frank knew he was in trouble. At the edge of the lawn, the Laistrygonians were stacking bronze cannonballs. Their skin gleamed red. Their shaggy hair, tattoos, and claws didn't look any prettier in the morning light.