Quack, Quack 🦆

Today, we decided to have a picnic out in the country.

It was a beautiful place and hardly anyone else was here because it was a busy day.

But not for us.

We had just arrived at our destination when Michael saw a pond.

There were a momma duck and her ducklings swimming in the water

"Look"!

Michael excitedly pointed his finger at the window.

I knew that he loved animals just as much as I did.

Once we found a good place, we set up our picnic on a soft grassy spot.

"Let's go feed the ducks"!

Michael grabbed a piece of white bread and he started to walk towards the pond.

"Applehead, I wouldn't do that if I were you".

I warned him.

"But they're hungry".

Michael said to me.

"The momma duck might get upset if you get too close to her babies".

I said, as I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Michael began pouting like a child as he walked back to our picnic spot.

"They have to get their own food from the pond".

I explained.

We ate our picnic in peace and then while I was busy getting our dessert ready, Michael secretly grabbed a piece of bread from the basket.

Once I was distracted, the king of pop snuck over to the duck pond.

The ducklings saw Michael and they were curious, so they all swam closer to him.

"Here you go, little ones".

He spoke to them gently while extending his hand out and slowly, the ducklings began to eat the bread.

Suddenly, the momma duck saw what was happening and she aggressively charged at Michael.

"AAAH"!

Michael ran away from the momma duck in fear.

He really thought that she'd be okay with him feeding her babies.

But apparently, the momma duck didn't like it when something or someone came too close to her ducklings.

"Michael, what's going on"?

I asked.

"Aaaah! She's gonna eat me"!

Michael screamed as he ran faster.

Once I saw that he was safe in the limo, I ran towards the momma duck and mimicked a cougar by growling and snarling.

It took a little while, but as soon as the momma duck and her babies had left, I packed up our picnic stuff and put them back in the basket.

Michael was shaking and trembling with fear.

Hopefully, he learned a lesson about getting too close to a wild animal and their offspring.