𝗔 𝗧𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗘

☆〄 ⎯ ★ ⎯☆〄

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

☆〄 ⎯ ★ ⎯☆〄

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓!" He shouted and Katerina was thankful she chose to bring them to Godswood rather than stay in the castle where all would've heard his outburst.

"Please Rhagar as my friend I plead with you," she was desperate for him to hear her out as she grabbed at both of his forearms with a grip so tight he thought she'd managed to penetrate his armour, "my father wants her to marry the King but I- I will take her place."

"Let me speak to Otto," his voice was low enough to make Katerina question herself but her mind was made up she needed Rhagar to say yes.

"No! You mustn't if he knows," she drawled off quietly and didn't want to think about how far the hand of the king could go. "Just please Rhagar I want her to have a chance at a good life and you are still young and charming whereas the King will only use her as a whore for his babes."

"But will that not be your fate?" He did not want Katerina to have to subdue herself just so her father could get what he wanted, a even closer claim to the iron throne.

She shuddered at that,"yes it will," but she raised her head and looked up at him through her nose, "but it will not be my sisters Rhagar please I beg of you as my friend do this for me- for her."

He bit his lip at the idea of Alicent, sweet and innocent Alicent being tainted and twisted not only by her father but by the fact that she would be trapped in a loveless marriage. And he meant all the disrespect in the world to the King when he says that Viserys is not the prettiest man.

And then he thought of Katerina but the way she sounded was what made him waver in his decision, "and how will you manage being in his company."

She squared her shoulders, "I am my fathers daughter Rhagar I will make do," she didn't sound happy to be comparing herself to her father but it oddly reassured him. Otto Hightower was a manipulator who was in the King's ear and if he taught his daughter anything is that Viserys' mind is easily warped.

Even though, Rhagar and Otto did not get along in the slightest he would be a fool to turn down the commander of a vast army and dragon larger than most all because of his pride. Otto would agree to the marriage but he would not enjoy it in the slightest and this only spurred Rhagar's decision.

And what of his father, he'd need his blessing to marry Alicent but he knew that he'd do whatever Rhagar asked of him- it would be an easy task to get his blessing. But Rhagar had to use his best lying face ever because his father could read him like a book and if he found out his son was doing this for someone else's happiness rather than his own he would disapprove of the marriage. He would rather Rhagar marry for love than try to appease a girl, even if it was to save her from an elder man's hand.