Chapter 3: Sub-Zero and Lew Liang

Two members of the clan, outfitted in blue light armour complete with a sword on the back, rush up the gigantic staircase. Sitting on the thrones of the Grandmasters are Kuai Liang and Lew Liang. With the help of Raiden, Lew Liang fully restored his father to life. Their whitened eyes take in the two Lin Kuei, who put their hands together and bow their heads before them in respect.

LIN KUEI #1: The forward defenses stand down as you command, Grandmasters.

LIN KUEI #2: It is confirmed. Four intruders.

The Grandmasters smiles in response.

SUB-ZERO: It is time to entertain our guests.

LEW LIANG: It is indeed.

Outside of the Lin Kuei temple, panning down from the giant statue of the first Lin Kuei Grandmaster to the temple's entrance. In the midst of the light snow falling down, Team S-F have all reached the rendezvous point and wait to the side of the entrance staircase.

CASSIE: All right, I've got point. (To Takeda) You and Jin, that side.

Both of them exchange a glance. Takeda's face is unreadable, but Kung Jin clearly doesn't agree with the command.

CASSIE: Move!

Both of them obey and slip over to the other side of the staircase.

CASSIE: (To Jackie) Ready?

Jacqui nods her consent, but just as Cassie turns to the entrance, the temple doors open up. She hastily backs up as Sub-Zero, Lew Liang and four Lin Kuei students exit the temple, walking down to the grounds just before them. They stop before the statue of the First Grandmaster and kneel in meditation.

Jin motions with his head to move in. Cassie mouths "Not yet" to him in response. After a moment, Jin chooses to ignore the command and stomps out of his hiding place.

CASSIE: Dammit, Jin!

All three of them quickly follow as Jin points to Sub-Zero and Lew Liang

KUNG JIN: You two. I need to s--

Cassie lightly hits him on the back, grabbing his attention. Sub-Zero and Lew Liang speaks to them without ever lifting his head from his meditation.

SUB-ZERO: You are not welcome here. State your intentions.

LEW LIANG: Why are you here.

Jin decides to let Cassie do the talking, and she steps forward.

CASSIE: Grandmasters. We need you to come with us. My name is Sergeant--

The Lin Kuei with Sub-Zero and Lew Liang bark out a command in Chinese. Reinforcements flood in from seemingly nowhere, surrounding Team S-F and outnumbering them about 5 to 1. Sub-Zero stands up from his meditation.

SUB-ZERO: You demand my cooperation. Yet you are cut off. Surrounded.

LEW LIANG: What will you do?

CASSIE: My father always spoke highly of you two. He wants to talk.

SUB-ZERO: Talking. Always his first choice.

LEW LIANG: Always has been.

KUNG JIN: Okay, let's try pummeling. (To Team S-F) Now!

CASSIE: Wait!

It's far too late for waiting. Jin charges into a line of Lin Kuei as Lew Liang rushes in and takes a swing at Cassie. As Takeda and Jacqui begin fighting as well, Cassie barely ducks out of the way in time and only just gets an arm up to block a left swing. Lew Liang knees her in the side and blocks two kicks from her in response. He steps back from a wild right swing and headbutts Cassie, before throwing her to the ground. She comes up in a roll and pulls out her sidearm, but Lew Liang freezes it with a quick ice ball, rendering it useless, then throws a fire throwing knife as Cassie dodges the knife then goesinto a fighting stance.