Prologue

JOHNNY: Millions of years ago, Shinnok, one of the Elder Gods, turned on his fellow deities and invaded the Earthrealm.

JOHNNY: Raiden and the Elder Gods stopped Shinnok. Locked him up in the Netherrealm.

JOHNNY: Others followed in Shinnok's footsteps, like Outworld's emperor Shao Kahn, who was obsessed with conquering Earthrealm.

JOHNNY: So Raiden convinced the Elder Gods to enact the Mortal Kombat tournament as a way to even the odds... give Earthrealm a fighting chance.

JOHNNY: For generations, Shao Kahn followed the Elder Gods' rules. The war moved to the arena, where he sent his toughest fighters to challenge Raiden's greatest defenders in Mortal Kombat.

JOHNNY: Two years ago, we beat him.

JOHNNY: But Shao Kahn wasn't ready to lose.

JOHNNY: He violated the rules of Mortal Kombat and invaded Earthrealm.

JOHNNY: Most of Earth's defenders - our friends - were killed. Turned into evil undead warriors.

JOHNNY: Despite the odds, we stopped Shao Kahn's invasion. As punishment, the Elder Gods destroyed him.

JOHNNY: We thought the long nightmare was over. But it turns out that Shinnok had been manipulating events.

JOHNNY: Shao Kahn's invasion, his death... all part of Shinnok's plan to escape the Netherrealm and resume his war on the Elder Gods.