Chapter 5: Liu Kang and Lew Liang

Back in Shang Tsung's throne room, several masked guards are escorting a new warrior, covered in a mask of cloth and red clothing.

SHANG TSUNG: Kombatants! I present this latest creation of Shao Kahn. He is many warriors, their souls fused into one being. Behold... Ermac!

Ermac assumes a fighting kata. He glows with green energy, light crackling and the air rippling around him. Johnny Cage is once again impressed, Kano snickers under his breath.

RAIDEN: Be wary, Liu Kang. He is unlike anything you have fought before.

Liu Kang steps up to face Ermac.

SHANG TSUNG: Liu Kang! You are the sole Earthrealm warrior to progress to this final stage of the tournament!

LIU KANG: I am ready.

ERMAC: We are many. You are one. We will destroy you.

They fight. Ermac's telekenetic powers and control over magic would be an even match for several kombatants, but Liu Kang is no oridinary warrior. After an intense battle, his fighting skill overcomes the mystical warrior.

LIU KANG: Earthrealm will not fall into your master's hands.

With the fight over, the kombatants take their leave. Kitana walks over to Shang Tsung, who is seething with rage.

KITANA: That Mysterious Lin Kuei warrior is a threat, I shall eliminate him at once.

Shang Tsung nods his approval and Kitana departs after Young Liang. Later in the forest, Lew Liang is practicing his skills to go faster.

Meanwhile in the forest.

Unknown to Kitana, he can sense her near him, Lew Liang prepares to resume practicing his skills, only to find Kitana walking toward him. She attacks immediately, but he blocks all of her attacks and kicks her away. She tries again, fails to land a good hit and he kicks her away again. Getting angry, Kitana tries another attack, but Lew Liang grabs both her arms before she can connect. He seems rather intrigued by her efforts.

LEW LIANG: You're good Princess, let's continue.

She pushes him back.

KITANA: Do not underestimate me, Lin Kuei.

They fight. Even with ten thousand years of experience behind her, Kitana is pretty much outclassed by the Lin Kuei warrior. She is soon down on the floor.

LEW LIANG: I am impressed Princess.

KITANA: Do it.

LEW LIANG: Do what?

KITANA: Kill me.

Kitana is now sitting up. Lew Liang kneels next to her.

LEW LIANG: No

KITANA: I came to kill you. I have failed my father. My emperor.

LEW LIANG: Shao Kahn is your father?!

KITANA: I have disgraced him. You must kill me.

LEW LIANG: I will not.

She looks up at him in confusion.

LEW LIANG: This encounter never took place. You have disgraced no one.

He stands up and begins to walk away, but turns around one last time.

LEW LIANG: I hope we meet again Princess. (Winks at Kitana)

He walks off to go find his Father, leaving the blushed Princess to ponder what took place.

*Timeskip*

The scene cuts to the courtyard exterior. It is now night, and Liu Kang walks in, flanked by Kung Lao and Raiden. Earthrealm's remaining warriors, along with Shang Tsung and Kitana, are all waiting in anticipation.