Chapter 4: Cyrax

Lew Liang Cyrax are walking along it when a growl attracts his attention. Both turn around to see Baraka alonside with a tall woman with four arms.

CYRAX: What are you doing? I'm not here to fight you. I'm assigned to kill Johnny Cage.

SHEEVA: Shang Tsung no longer has need of you.

She holds two of her arms up to stop Baraka from intervening.

CYRAX/LEW LIANG: What do you mean?

SHEEVA: He is terminating your agreement. And you!

They fight. Although unprepared to take on a member of the Shokan race, Cyrax and his weapons prove to be up to the challenge. After a heated fight, he manages to defeat Sheeva.

CYRAX: I need to have a talk with your master.

Baraka roars and charges forward, blades unsheathed.

BARAKA: This fight is not over.

CYRAX: You mean to finish me? Filthy Tarkatan!

They fight. Baraka's fury, as ferocious as his blades, is still not enough to defeat Cyrax's tricks and skill. The Tarkatan nomad is soon lying on the floor next to Sheeva.

LEW LIANG: They cannot beat the skill of the Lin Kuei, Fools!

CYRAX: Now this fight is over. Shang Tsung has turned on us both. We need to find out why.

LEW LIANG: Let's go.

Back in the arena, Shang Tsung is talking with Sektor. Cyrax and Lew Liang looks over to Raiden, who greets him with a nod. Both Lew Liang and Cyrax then walks over to Sektor and Tsung.

CYRAX: Sektor, we need to talk. Our host tried to have us killed.

LEW LIANG: Weak Outworlders(said under his breath)

SHANG TSUNG: You two were speaking with the Thunder God. Your indescretion has jepordised my plan.

SEKTOR: Lew and Cyrax are Lin Kuei. They will complete his task.

SHANG TSUNG: We shall see. The next match will be Cyrax versus Johnny Cage.

LEW LIANG: *thoughts* Could of sworn the actor is off the tournament.

JOHNNY CAGE: What, me? All right then.

Johnny steps up to the arena floor.

JOHNNY CAGE: Not everyone gets to rumble with a celebrity. Ready for your beatdown, Sunshine? Here it comes!

They fight. The battle is an intense display of martial arts and dirty tricks, but in the end Cyrax manages to emerge victorious.

CYRAX: That should shut you up.

Cyrax stalks over to Cage and lifts him up by the neck, preparing to land a final blow.

SHANG TSUNG: Finish him!

Cyrax looks over to Tsung, then to Raiden, who shakes his head. He makes his decision.

CYRAX: I won't kill him!

He lets Cage down and walks off. Shang Tsung glowers in fury, but Raiden nods his approval. Sektor watches his comrade leave with disdain on his face. The scene cuts to the two of them talking in the jungle.

SEKTOR: You were commanded to kill Johnny Cage. You disobeyed.

CYRAX: I eliminated him from the tournament. He didn't need to die.

SEKTOR: You have broken your oath.

CYRAX: I used my judgment!

LEW LIANG: At least Cyrax has honour unlike you!

SEKTOR: The Cyber Initiative will eliminate insubordination.

CYRAX: We're not machines, Sektor. We chose to serve the Lin Kuei. But both of us will not surrender my free will!

They fight. The fight between the two technologically advanced assassins is brutal and deadly, but in the end it is Cyrax who defeats Sektor.

CYRAX: Tell the Grand Master I am finished.

LEW LIANG: Me too, because of you Bi-Han is dead!

SEKTOR: No one leaves the Lin Kuei

Cyrax and Lew Liang responds by kicking Sektor in the face, knocking him unconscious. They then walks off.