𝟶𝟶𝟾

SEPTEMBER 5TH
8:01 am
TUESDAY

Ayame finished texting Gwen as she asked her to come to school earlier so they'd all be there for breakfast. She agreed to it and put her phone into her Fanny pack.

The girl ran out her room after having everything ready and was greeted with hugs from her mom.

"Happy birthday baby! You're seventeen... oh my god." She pinched her cheeks while giving her a kiss on her forehead. "If gwen wants you to come over her house, I give you full consent."

Ayame laughed, receiving such love from her mother as she nodded. "Okay mom. And uh, can we head to the school now? Gwen wants me early there to breakfast so we can have time together before first period."

Her mom nodded at her. "I would say no but it's your birthday, so okay. Your dad and Ava are asleep so are you ready now? I need to be fast."

The girl nodded at her mother and was already heading out of the door. Her mom grabbed her keys and her jacket, heading out with her daughter.

8:18 am

Ayame walked into the building with her AirPods in. The cafeteria was still packed with children so she wasn't too late at all. When walking in, she saw the group sitting at the table.

She walked over to them and was greeted with hugs from gwen.

"Happy birthday! You're seventeen!" She heard gwen say excitedly.

Ayame hugged her just as tight with a smile. "Thank you! Happy birthday Andre." She said, looking at him.

Andre chuckled and walked up to her. As gwen let go of her, Andre pulled her in a hug. She gladly hugged him back and laughed, giving him a handshake.

Ayame turned back around to gwen smiling at her. Miles sat at the table, looking at her. Something in him just wanted him to talk to her. He hasn't texted her last night or this morning like he usually does. The day before made him upset in the weirdest way possible.

Trying to forget about those thoughts, he stood up, walking towards the girl. He tapped her, causing her to turn around.

Ayame was still nervous, she doesn't think she'd ever not be nervous around him but she looked into his eyes. She could feel this sudden motion from him, as if he was about to do something. Nervously, she looked around, not knowing what to do.

Miles looked into her eyes, pulling her in a soft hug. Ayame never thought she'd have to use this word to describe this feeling.

'Please don't tell me I'm actually blushing right now.. god. Blushing. That word is disgusting..'

She wrapped her arms around him as a small chuckle came out of her. They stayed there longer than expected until Ayame noticed and moved from him.

Miles suddenly got shy, realizing how long that was and looked away from her. "Happy birthday.." he held out his hand to shake.

Ayame accepted his gesture and smiled awkwardly. "...Thank you."

Gwen and Andre looked at each other in confusion.