Rest Of Our Lives

Elvira

My stomach growling in public, was something I had become accustomed to and could care less about.

Starving had become a norm for me, as I would always get denied food as punishment.

However, what has my cheeks stained with red this time, was the fact that I had just eaten three plates worth of food mere hours ago, and here I was hungry again. Not to mention, Adelio had witnessed it all.

I didn't want him to look at me with distaste or disappointment.

However, it seems like my worries were limited to just me because when I sheepishly looked up Adelio didn't have the slightest bit of judgemental look on his face. Instead, he had one of understanding.

He unclasped our intertwined fingers and gently moved me away from his lap, then placed me on the bed. My heart fell a little. Why is he letting go of me? I wanted to be in his embrace much longer.

He then stood up and walked to a stand with a couple of jackets hanging off it. He unhooked a long black jacket and made his way back to me. Then he gently draped the jacket over me.

The jacket smelled just like him, and I felt comforted to be wrapped in his scent.

He placed one of his hands underneath my legs, then the second on my back, and lifted me up bridal style. The moment I was in his arms again, I clung to his neck like it was my only source of stability.

"Come darling, you need food," he said heading to the door.

On his way out, he glanced at the mess on the floor, then his eyes trailed to Mira before he said "Milo take care of things here"

Panic ran through me at his words.

"Wait, please don't hurt Mira. I thought you agreed you'll let her go." I said quickly.

"And that I will love. Don't worry she'll live," he said barely sparing Mira a glance.

He took me out into the hallway and down the Blackwood stairs. I could perceive the smell of food from here, and it made my stomach grumble again.

We were finally down the steps, and it seems to lead to a parlor room.

There were chairs and tables made out of black wood, and seats cushioned with a white padding. All are arranged in the form of a small dining table.

Adelio took me to one of the chairs and placed me on it.

"I'll be right back," he said, brushing loose strands of hair from my face.

I nodded my head in response, and he stalked off toward a nearby room which I assumed was the kitchen.

Left alone in the parlor, I started to explore the room with my eyes.

Small plants and glowing gemstones shaped like flowers decorated the tables, giving the place an elegant look. Chandeliers were hanging above each table, but the light was dim, giving the room a cozy feel.

On the other side of the room was a marble counter with different types of liquid refreshments. Everything was well put together in a clean manner. Whoever owns here has good taste.

As I was studying the room, my eyes caught movements on the staircase. I turned around and saw Mira and Milo coming down the stairs.

"Mira!" I yelled excitedly, as she made her way to where I was sitting.

She smiled at me and took the chair next to the one I was sitting on. While Milo just sprawled on a chair next to hers, looking like he could fall asleep at any moment.