Chapter 23

Happy reading guys! Hope you enjoy this feller.

~

Koda was looking around the harbinger. Well around the places that she could get at. Which was only the hallways and some corridors. She was feeling rather tired. Worn out when she shouldn't be.

As  the woman went into an empty room she looked around. And her vision seemed to change, the world around her flashed a bright blue for a second. For a single second a ghostly looking mech appeared in front of her. A curious look on his face before he faded.

"Who was that?" Koda asked aloud, nervously. The dark room seemed unwelcoming and Koda quickly left the room. She looked back nervously and bumped into a pede. Looking up she saw Wheeljack, "Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going."

The wrecker tilted his helm and knelt down on a kneeplate, "You feelin' okay?"

"Y-yes, I'm doing fine. I'll be going now...I apologize for interrupting things," Koda bowed her head slightly before moving out of the way.

Wheeljack looked over at Ratchet, the medic caught his optics and walked over, "What? We need to finish planning your mission out."

"Is your kid doing okay? The last time I saw her, her optics were bright and colorful. They look dead. And she has dark bags under her optics," The wrecker explained to the medic. The two looked over at Koda, she'd made her way over to the humans. Raf was now sitting on her lap, she had a hand around him protectively.

"She just needs some rest, all of this has been a lot for her to take in. Once this mission is done, I'll make sure she gets the rest she requires," Ratchet replied, keeping his gaze on Koda for a few moments. Wheeljack knew it was more than that, but he didn't pry.

Ultra Magnus then called the team over. The Autobots gathered in a circle around the main area of the Harbinger. Koda remained back, to cause no interruption. The others came in between Bulkhead and Bumblebee. Aries and Magnus stood side by side as they looked around at the Bots' and humans. This size of team was something Ultra Magnus was not used to. While Aries had some experience with it.

"We remain vastly outnumbered, and despite our munitions, we do not currently possess the firepower necessary to compromise the Decepticon fortress," The bluish teal and red mech stated.

Fowler stepped forward, "Uncle Sam's military has enough firepower to take down Darkmount. We just need those Ray Gun's out of the game in order to make our move."

"Then we infiltrate Darkmount, and ensure that the Fusion Cannons cannot be used," Aries announced. Ultra Magnus gave her a nod, agreeing with the suggestion. The femme then hummed, "Even still, the Cons' outnumber us. We'll need to draw them out, away from Darkmount. With enough Cons' gone we should be able to move in, though not without a fight."

Ratchet brought up a hologram of Darkmount's blue blueprints, "Even with that advantage, Darkmount is heavily shielded against unauthorized ground bridges. Even those developed from Decepticon technology."

"Back to step one then," Miko hummed quietly.

Wheeljack stepped forward and tossed a grenade in the air before catching it, "I guess we'll sneak past enemy lines. Wrecker style," He said with a smirk. 

Ultra Magnus clenched his servos, "I couldn't deal with "Wrecker Style" back on Cybertron, and I don't intend to here."

That earned an optic roll from Wheeljack. Out of the corner of his optic he saw a wrench appearing in Ratchet's servo, and he took a few steps back. The wrench slowly disappeared and the wrecker focused on the conversation again.