Chapter 5

The room that Koda was in was familiar. Though she'd not been in it for many years. She only remembered it by the silver bullet gray paint. The rest of the items she couldn't recall seeing.

"Peek-a-boo!" A strange voice said happily. It was that of a woman. Then the woman picked Koda up. This person nuzzled Koda gently, "Who's my Little Bear?"

To say this was strange....it was very strange. Koda was watching something through the eyes of a much younger version of herself....

"Ma! Ma!" Kodas younger self giggled.

"THEA!" A man shouted, the quieted down Koda.

Quickly Thea placed Koda down in a crib, but not before giving her a gentle kiss on the head.

"Leland, you're going to scare her!"

Leland?

"Well we're needed to pilot!"

Thea sighed, "I'll be right there, just let me say goodbye to Little Bear,"

"Fine, I'll meet you there," Leland grumbled and his footsteps faded.

After Thea was sure Leland was gone she looked down at Koda. She knew every mission could be her last.

"Oh my little Koda, I'm going to miss you. I know I say it every time, but each time we leave it could be our last time seeing you. Though your father...he doesn't care about you as much as I thought he would...If he ever does anything to you, he'll suffer," Thea looked at the door for a moment then back at Koda. She was looking out the window. The sky was clear and blue, with a few clouds. 

"Ky'" Koda giggled, "Ky'!"

"Sky, Koda. It's the sky. If I ever leave you, you can always find me there...I love you my Little Bear."

Koda woke with a cold sweat. She immediately looked around as she didn't know where she was.

But relaxed as she realized she was in the med bay, sleeping by Optimus' shoulder. The Prime was snoring softly, his breathing beginning to return to normal. Though she was worn out and sore from yesterday she walked out of the med bay and walked to her room. Once inside she began to patch up the Jaeger.

There were quite a few things that needed to be done. So Koda grabbed her headphones, put some music on and got to work.

(Arcee's POV)

As I walked out of my berthroom I heard some noises coming from down the hallway. Carefully I walked down the hall and peeked into Kodas berthroom.

I watched as she welded a large piece of metal over a blasted wound on her machine. She called it "Gipsy Danger" I believe.

For a few minutes I watched her work. But then I noticed she was tapping her foot. As though...to a beat of sorts. As she got up I hid behind the doorframe a bit more. But was still able to see inside.

The woman slid down the ladder to the machines kneeplate. Her welder was almost like a backpack. Easy to carry around.

Then I picked up her voice as she settled down and inspected the damage on the Gipsy Danger. To be honest it was quite nice to listen to as she sang a song.

I hurt myself today. To see if I still feel. I focus on the pain. The only thing that's real. The needle tears a hole...The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all away. But I remember everything

What have I become?. My sweetest friend. Everyone I know goes away...In the end. And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.