Chapter 3

Authors note: I've decided to change the heights for Optimus and Gipsy Danger. Optimus will be 37ft instead of 30ft. (not much but hang with me lol) and Gipsy Danger will be 50ft instead of 40ft. I was watching the movie today and it just made sense to have er' be taller. Happy reading!

(Kodas POV)

As I woke I felt a throbbing in my head. Looking over at the clock I groaned. It was only 4:47am.

It had been a few days since the Kaiju attack and I was still recovering. Damn mental toll. But today I was going to meet the rest of my new team. At least that's what Fowler told me. The Agent had been going back and forth between their base and this base.

The only info I had about Optimus' base was that it was an old missile silo, near Jasper, Nevada. Also that there were four other Autobots in that base.

"They can wake me up," I grumbled and fell back asleep.

(Third person's POV)

The door slammed open, "KODA!"

Koda who was sleeping immediately bolted upright and held her fists in a fighting position, "What's the issue Sir?!"

The Commander shook his head, "I hope you don't plan to do this with your new team all the time, it's 8am,"

The woman rose from her bed and shook her head before walking over and sliding on a t-shirt that covered her tank top, "Don't intend to, Sir. I'll be down in a few minutes. Just let me pack my bag,"

The Commander nodded and left Koda be. The woman packed some t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, along with cargo pants and a pair of sweats. Other than that Koda grabbed some of the other essentials, such as a few bras, underwear, deodorant, her toothbrush, toothpaste. The whole shabang. Oh, and some books. Those are very important.

Once Koda was finished she zipped up the big duffle bag and made her way out of the room. But as she walked to the door her eyes landed on a picture.

Koda set the bag down and walked over to the picture. It was of her when she was 10. The Commander was in it along with another man. He was the original co-pilot of the Gipsy Danger, Raleigh Becket. Koda and Raleigh had a good bond. He'd taught the woman a lot about the Jaeger.

Sadly he was killed in the first category 4 Kaiju attack. Only the Commander had survived...(I know, it was his brother who died(and it was a cat.3 not 4)  but ima changed it around. As well as some of the stuff we see. (Also I'm just going off the first movie for this story as it's the only Pacific Rim content I like.)))

The three of them looked so happy in that picture. Koda brought it over to her bag and was about to put it in when she read the handwritten note on the back. It was Raleigh's writing. Though it wasn't perfect, Koda could read it just fine.

"There are things you can't fight. Acts of God. You see a hurricane coming, you have to get out of the way. But when you're in a Jaeger, suddenly...you can fight the hurricane."

The message also had a small note beside it.

"Treat Gipsy Danger well when I'm gone Little Bear,"

"I've been trying my best, Ral," Koda whispered as she carefully placed the picture frame into the duffle bag. As she looked back in her room for the last time a small smile graced her face. So many memories were made here, but now it was time to make new ones. With a new team. And who knows, maybe she'll consider them family one day.

"Giant alien robots...That's certainly an interesting family," Koda chuckled as she walked down to the elevator. She said or thought nothing as the elevator traveled down to the main floor. It was just silence in her head.