7

The next morning Ja'Quan woke up seeing a bunch of messages from their group chat. Apparently Cam was at Ja'Quans house looking for him. The boys were supposed to be having a boys night at his house but he left to talk to Tae.

"Wake up Tae, we gotta go." He pushed her awake. She groaned, not wanting to get outta bed. "Man Tae get yo ass up." He kicked her off the bed.

"Damn Ja'Quan!" She got up from the floor.

"Stop calling me that." He demanded as he climbed out of bed, putting his pants back on. "We gotta go to my house right now."

"For?" She wasn't going anywhere until she knew why.

"Man just come on!" He yanked her arm.

"Ou Q get off of me." She tried to pull away but he wouldn't let her.

"We have to go Tae what aren't you understanding?" Ja'Quan was starting to get annoyed. Tae was being stubborn and hard headed.

"Ok Ja'Quan but stop pulling me." He pushed her away in anger telling her to stop calling him that once again. She rolled her eyes, walking out of her room. "Hurry up if we leaving."

"Where she at?" He busted through the door. Dee pointed down the hall to Ja'Quan's bathroom. Tae was confused and didn't know who he was looking for. "What is going on?" She said under her breath.

"Cam get the fuck out!" Ja'Quan banged on the door.

"No Ja'Quan. Not until you talk to me." She cried out.

"The bitch is here?" She asked Derran. He told her she was and had been for about an hour now. That's all Tae needed to know in order to cuss her out.

"Bitch get out the bathroom!" Tae pushed Ja'Quan out the way. She told her no so Tae kicked the door. "Open the door with yo scary ass!"

"Chill Ma you pregnant." Ja'Quan held her back.

"Pregnant?!" Tim and Derran spoke together.

"Did I miss something?" Tim sat up from the couch. "Wait Ja'Quan the dad?" Derran added.

Tae told them that she was gonna tell them as soon as she worked stuff out. They felt left out because nobody told them nothing.

"So you got two bitches pregnant at the same time?" Derran laughed. "Nigga you messy as hell."

"Derran shut up." Tim hit him, knocking the smile off his face.

"I was just saying."

"Ja'Quan get that bitch away from the door!" Cam shouted. If she was gonna be coming out that bathroom she didn't wanna be attacked.

"Tae go sit on the couch." He gently pushed her towards the couch. Tae didn't move at first so he pushed her harder.

"She gone, now get out." He rattled the door knob.

Cam slowly opened the door, peeking out the crack. She didn't see Tae so she opened it fully and Ja'Quan walked inside.

They spoke for 15 minutes then she left. No argument, no having to force her, no nothing. Just a talk and leave.

"What y'all talk about?"

"Tae don't fucking start with me." Ja'Quan flopped on the couch. He picked up an available controller. "Restart the game."

Once the boys got off the game, everyone began to talk.

"So when y'all having the baby shower." Derran jokingly asked. Tae told him to shut up unless he was gonna plan them a surprise shower.

"We probably ain't gone have a baby shower." Ja'Quan said. Tae looked at him as if he were stupid. "A party with free gifts for our baby? We're having a baby shower." Tae rubbed her barely seen bump.

"Speaking of parties..." Dee said. "My little yea throwing a party, y'all wanna come?"

Everyone said yea. He told them the party was this Saturday at 9pm so they better be ready.

"Q can you take me to the mall? I need to buy a new outfit." Tae asked. He told her he would and he was gonna come get her early so she needed to be up before 10.

After talking for a while, Ja'Quan took Tae home. "Whoo my feet hurt." She kicked off her shoes.

"Young lady who are you?" A man who was sitting at their kitchen table asked.

"Um who the hell are you?" She rolled her neck.

"This is keith. He's moving in with us." Her mother introduced him. Tae said he wasn't moving nowhere but to that front door. She didn't even know him and she found it weird she would want an unknown man around her daughter.

"Ashantae don't tell me what the fuck can happen in my house. Take yo ass upstairs and lose that little attitude." Tae's mother cussed her out.

Tae rolled her eyes then stomped up the stairs.

This chapter was short asf.