Misfits

(Y/n)'s POV

Hayashi (Y/n), eldest daughter of the Hayashi clan. The elusive daughter of the renowned Hayashi Hiroto. People assume that I'm this refined and lady-like girl, but nope, I am not. I absolutely despise being a lady of a noble family. You're forced to get into an arranged marriage for the benefit of your clan, be a good housewife who is devoted to her husband, and you're supposed to live the rest of your life with a man you might've met for what? A day?!

I've been a rebellious child my whole life. I've questioned traditions that were clearly outdated. I've tried to do things that only warriors and men usually do. I hated the Hayashi clan. The Kamisato clan and Kujou clan were so much better! The women could learn how to wield weapons. But what does my father have to say about this?

"They think they are high and mighty because of their clans, but they bring dishonor to the many traditions that are supposed to be followed."

I was a misfit, and I knew that. I would've gladly run away, but as I said before, then my younger sister Harumi would be forced to face these horrible issues. Harumi is too innocent for her own good and is very obedient. I didn't want her to go through this shit. Not as long as I'm still breathing and alive. I had an electro vision because I was seen as abnormal, and the Raiden Shogun has always given electro visions to those seen as abnormal. I've kept it a secret, though...because, again, my father would confiscate it within seconds because I was a lady and wasn't supposed to wield any weapons. The only person who knew I had a vision was my brother.

'(Y/n), are you brooding again.' Harumi's voice interrupted

'I don't brood!'

'Yes, you do,' she responded, crossing her arms. 'Can I ask you a question?'

'Sure, what is it?'

'Why do you always go against father's wishes? You argue with him a lot.'

Harumi was too young to understand what was going on, and I couldn't blame her.

'You're too young to understand.' I said dismissively

'Father wants to see you, by the way.'

Oh perfect! Just the man I've been avoiding. I sighed and got up to go to his study. I knocked gently

'Who is it?' he asked on the other side.

I was tempted to say your fucking daughter who hates you with a burning passion, but I held my tongue.

'It's me (Y/n).'

'Come in.'

I sat across from him, waiting to hear what bullshit he wanted to tell me today. What's on the menu...let's see. You're a disgrace to this clan, or will it be I should've abandoned you a long time ago, or I wish you left with your mother! I never expected what came next, though.

'I'm getting you married.'

'WHAT!?' I yelled, slamming the table. 'I-I refuse! I don't want to get married to a man I've never met!'

'I wasn't asking for your opinion, you brat. Our clan is in debt, and I need to find another clan who is willing to take such a disgrace as you. It's almost impossible to find you a husband the way you are. You're just like your mother!'

'AT LEAST MOTHER WAS SMARTER AND BETTER THAN YOU.' I yelled

'SHE WAS A DISGRACE AND LEFT HER HUSBAND!'

'THAT WAS A SMART IDEA!' I yelled back before he raised his hand

I braced for impact before a hand caught hold of his.