BONUS CHAPTER

[ What happened at the beach: ]

Danielle

Danielle watched as the car sped up and drove away, Minji inside. She had escorted Minji to the nearby parking area to make sure she would get safely in.

She let out a small sigh and turned to the girl that was standing a bit further away from her, observing the situation. Haerin had crossed her arms.

"Is she going to be okay?" The shorter girl asked, as Danielle walked closer.

"I really hope so. She seemed very... confused."

Danielle faced Haerin's look. The cat-like eyes gleamed in the dark, full of concern.

Haerin scratched the back of her head, a bit hesitantly. "It kinda reminds me of our situation back then." She was looking at the ground.

"Yes, you're right." Danielle took Haerin's hand and leaned her head closer, smelling the sweet, calming scent. She then kissed Haerin's forehead gently and stepped back, looking into her eyes again.

Haerin was so beautiful. A small smile had formed on Haerin's face and she looked at Danielle with so much affection in her gaze.

It made Danielle blush.

"I promised Minji I would take care of the situation. I should get back before it's too late."

Haerin nodded and took her phone from her pocket. "I'll find Hyein."

***

Danielle half walked, half ran through the gaming stalls. Luckily, the crowd had disappeared and only a few people were around, chatting and laughing.

As soon as she reached the end of the gaming area, a loud scream cracked the air. Danielle froze. A cold shiver ran through her whole body.

She recognized that voice.

Feverishly, her eyes scanned the beach, finally spotting two people standing close to the beach bar.

Danielle picked up the speed, her heart clenching. Hanni was in danger.

Danielle ran through the beach.

"L-let go of me!" Hanni's voice broke in panic.

The guy had grabbed Hanni's hand and held onto it thightly, pulling her closer. Danielle dashed forward and without a second thought, slapped the guy on face with all her power.

The guy staggered backwards, clearly surprised.

"What the hell?!?" He took a while to get himself together.

He fixed his eyes to Danielle and took a step forward, threateningly. Quickly Danielle pulled Hanni behind her and stood in front of her, opening her arms protectively.

"Don't you dare to tocuh her again!"

The guy stopped. For a second, a mix of confusion and amusement flashed on his face, as if he didn't believe that the girl in front of him was really doing this.