The beach festival

Hanni

Hanni was walking back and forth in her room. Today was the day of the festival and everyone were in their rooms getting ready.

Hanni had picked a dark gray top with black sweatpants that had a white flower pattern. She stopped to tie a cute hairband above her head and looked at the mirror in front of her.

Two days ago she almost kissed her best friend. Their lips had been so close to touching, only a thought of it made Hanni's heart run wildly.

And the worst part? They never mentioned it again. Minji had shrugged it off and tried to avoid the topic to the last.

Hanni wanted to explain it to Minji but she wasn't sure what she'd even say.

That she just wanted to kiss her?

Hell no.

She should come up with a valid lie. There was no way she could tell the truth to her, even though the situation spoke for itself.

Frustrated, Hanni leaned her head against the mirror, hanging her arms.

What was she even thinking? All of this confused her so much. Why did Minji make her feel like that? What is this feeling?

Do best friends... Do that?

She had seen Danielle and Haerin kissing.

It made no sense.

Hanni was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear the knock on the door. Danielle stepped in, holding a black bundle in her hands.

"Hey Hanni," she greeted her cautiously and closed the door behind her.

Hanni jumped up and backed away from the mirror.

"D-Danielle, I didn't hear you coming..."

Hanni couldn't help but feel a bit awkward. Danielle wasn't being fully honest with her, she was hiding something.

And I accidentally found out...

The feeling of guilt was slowly growing inside her. Hanni had no idea why Danielle had kissed Haerin, but a part of her really wanted to bring up the topic.

Maybe it would help her to figure out what's going on with Minji.

"It's okay, I brought you something," Danielle smiled and opened the bundle. It was a black, white dotted dress. It had no sleeves, only very thin strings and it was about knee length. In front of the dress, there was hanging a cute black ribbon.

Hanni gasped and rushed to Danielle to see the dress better.

"It's so lovely!" She squealed.

"I'm glad you like it, it's yours," Danielle beamed and put the dress carefully down on Hanni's bed, next to the clothes she had picked. "I think it'll fit with your hairband. You may very well impress someone here," she winked and left the room.

Hanni blushed. Minji had crossed her mind.

The heck did she mean by that?

Hanni quickly took the dress and tried it on. It fit perfectly with the hairband and her jewelry. The only problem was that she couldn't quite close the zipper. Her back was on display.