The summer night

Minji

Minji was leaning against a pole, keeping her eyes locked at the pair that was dancing close to each other.

She didn't know why she was standing there, torturing herself. A mess of feelings was raging inside her, ready to explode anytime. She couldn't think straight.

Finally, she forced herself to turn around. She walked straight to the nearby beach bar and took a seat at the bar counter. She wasn't intending to drink, she just needed to distract herself.

Minji glanced at the drinks, as if interested in buying. Her thoughts were running around, repeating the same thing over and over again.

Why did I hesitate?

Was she really going to kiss me?

Everything was so messed up. Ever since that incident in the cabinet clock, Hanni had occupied Minji's mind. Everything she did, even the smallest thing, made Minji's heart run aimlessly and at some point Minji had been sure Hanni was going to kiss her.

Or so she wanted to believe. In the rose garden... And now at the beach.

Just a thought of it made Minji flustered. Embarrassed, she hid her face in her hands.

And every time I wanted to desperately kiss her back.

Was she just playing with her? Did Hanni even know how badly she had got Minji all messed up? With her dark eyes... silky skin, smooth voice and those lips that Minji wanted to feel pressed against hers.

Hanni...

Without thinking it through, Minji looked over her shoulder to see the girl she was longing for.

An immediate regret hit her.

The guy was leaning closer. He had his dirty hands all over Hanni's body, dominating her every move. Suddenly, he took off the knit Minji had given and threw it in the sand, leaving Hanni's shoulders on display.

And as if watching a movie, he leaned in for a-

Minji turned her head faster then ever. She didn't need to see this. An ominous, throbbing feeling washed all over her. Jealousy? Bitterness maybe. Both crumbling down like a landslide, making Minji squeeze the edge of the counter with her hands.

But over all that, a deeper feeling was killing her inside. Her heart was aching. And oh, how it hurt.

Tears were forming in the corner of her eyes as she put her hand over her throbbing heart that was wailing.

W-why...

She held back the tears.

She had seen Hanni kissing many guys, why did it bother her now?

But it was a silly question.

She already knew.

It didn't matter anymore. With a shaky voice, Minji ordered a drink.

"And make it strong then," she added.

All she wanted right now, was to forget. Why was she ever so foolish to think that Hanni could feel the same? Maybe it was just the drug of the moment for her, nothing more. Maybe it was all in Minji's head.

She didn't know the answer, she didn't even want to know.

How did I ever let this happen?

Just when she was about to lose it, the drink was served. Minji reached out for the glass when suddenly someone snatched it out of her hands.