The empty cabinet clock

Hanni

Hanni ran down the stairs and stopped at the end, looking around feverishly. They had just arrived at the summer mansion where they'd be spending the next two weeks just chilling and enjoying their time together.

The break was well earned. For the last few months they had been doing nothing but running in studios, meetings and gigs. It wasn't easy to live up to all the expectations, so the girls were more than happy to hear that their manager had managed to book a luxury summer mansion right next to the beach.

It should be a great chance to clear their minds and prepare for the upcoming autumn.

Everything would be so peaceful for the next two weeks.

Or so they thought.

The stairs had led Hanni to a huge, somewhat empty room. It was supposed to be the foyer. On the right, there was the main door to the courtyard. The room had two more doors, or more like door frames. The other one was open to the dining room and another to the living room. The floor had a funny, check pattern. Black and white.

Hanni smiled, amused. She was wearing a white top and black shorts.

Matching.

The mansion was huge and it had two floors, a patio, pool and even a rose garden. The girls' bedrooms were on the second floor. As soon as they had arrived, they had dropped their things to their rooms and decided to gather down in the living room.

Hanni, however, was late as usual. She had stayed in her room organizing some things as the others had come down.

She looked at the doors again.

Which way was it?

A sound of laughter could be heard from the left side.

There!

She quickly took the left door and walked into a huge, beautifully decorated room. It had several sofas laying around, cute flower arrangements and tiny, old fashioned tables. The windows were almost from floor to the rooftop. One of them were open and the silky curtains were smoothly flowing in the wind.

Hanni glanced right and smiled at the sight. Her friends were sitting on a comfy looking sofa, just a little further.

Well everyone was sitting, except for Danielle who was standing and explaining something out loud.

"And I think it's a good idea! That way we can even explore the mansion a bit more," she stopped as she noticed Hanni approaching them. Her eyes widened and a warm, welcoming smile brightened her face.

"Hanni! Good that you're here," she squealed in excitement and rushed to her, clinging to her arm.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Hanni laughed and looked at the other members on the sofa. Minji and Haerin were sitting on the sides, Hyein in between.

"Nothing really. Danielle here was just trying to make us play hide and seek," Haerin snorted. Her cat-like eyes were narrowed as she was leaning her cheek on her hand, looking bored.

"Whaaaat, why do you sound so disappointed?" Danielle pouted and turned to Hanni.

"You're on my side right?"