Chapter Two: Grimmauld Place

A few days had gone by since Annabeth and Kringle had arrived at the Burrow and now the Weasleys, Annabeth, and Kringle, along with the animals were headed to the headquarters of the newly re-formed Order of the Phoenix. The Order of the Phoenix had been the resistance that Dumbledore had formed in the First Wizarding War against Voldemort. Annabeth's mother, Elaine, had been an important and founding member of the Order and her loss had been felt by nearly every surviving member of the Order, even if they hadn't been close to her. Being members is how Mad-Eye and Elaine had met.

Annabeth was very excited to go as she knew she'd get to see Mad-Eye who was a leading member, second only to Dumbledore himself. She hadn't seen the real Mad-Eye much in the last year since he'd been taken over by an imposter, something the twins still didn't know about. Another of the many secrets Annabeth hated keeping from them.

As soon as darkness settled around the Burrow, the whole group went outside packed down with their rucksacks. As Kringle didn't have any clothes to take with her, she only carried Thatcher's carrier. Annabeth had her rucksack on her back with Winston's carrier in hand. Eden had been told where to go and had flown off earlier that evening along with Errol, who Annabeth wasn't sure would make it unless he stayed with Eden. The group gathered around an old boot in the garden that was to be used as their Portkey and laid down, each with a hand reaching out ready to grab on as Arthur counted them down.

"Ready, Everyone?" Arthur asked.

"Ready." The other Weasleys, Annabeth, and Kringle answered.

"Alright, on the count of three. One, two, three."

They all reached out and touched the boot with at least a finger or two. The group twirled around in a circle and a portal opened up that they fell through. Ron, Ginny, Annabeth, Fred, and George all landed hard on the pavement with a groan while Kringle, Arthur, and Molly floated down to the pavement easily. The adults were chuckling.

"Mistress!" Kringle went running to Annabeth as soon as she landed to help her up.

"You were right, Arthur. That was funny." Molly told her husband.

"Well, ya made it." They all turned to see Mad-Eye standing against the building that was marked as Grimmauld Place. He walked over to them and shook hands with Arthur and Molly.

After Kringle helped Annabeth up, Annabeth thanked her. "Thank you, Kringle." Then, she ran over to Mad-Eye. "Mad-Eye!"

Mad-Eye turned and opened his arms in time to catch her coming in for a hug. "Woah there. Hasn't been that long since I seen ya."

Annabeth pulled back all pouty. "But I missed you."

Ron and Ginny came over, all confused with the twins. "Where's number twelve? There's eleven and thirteen, but no twelve." Ron pointed out.

"Ah, that's why I'm out here to greet ya. Everyone stand back." Mad-Eye walked a ways back towards the park that sat across the road. When they were all looking at the building and standing in a row, Mad-Eye tapped his walking stick three times. Suddenly, the ground and the building started to shake as the building started to separate.

Annabeth looked into the windows of the other townhouses to see the reactions of the other occupants, but everyone was going about their nights. "The Fidelius Charm."

When the shaking stopped and number twelve Grimmauld Place had fully appeared, Mad-Eye turned to her. "Right you are, Annabeth. Now you all know the secret and can see it any time you're in the vicinity. Come on, let's get inside and meet the rest of the Order." Mad-Eye led the group through the front door. Before they got to the kitchen, he paused at the steps. "If you want to let Thatcher and Winston out first, go ahead. They can run up the stairs and such. Explore a little."