Part 12

When we got home that night everything looked different. The police had cleaned the entire place up and everything was sanitized. I walked into my bedroom slowly with a heavy heart. No one knew if Gale was going to be alright and I felt guilty for not catching Ghostface when the opportunity was right there. I stood in front of my full body mirror and got a good glimpse of myself. I lifted my shirt to see the big bandage patch from when I was stabbed in my abdomen. Even looking at the bandage made me sick to my stomach so I let my shirt fall back down. I knew it was only going to get worse from here.

That's when I saw Ethan behind me and felt his arms slither around my waist as he layed his head in the crook of my neck.

"Careful." I whispered.

"Julie, I know you feel guilty for not catching him. Don't beat yourself up about it. You tried your best." He said quietly, giving me small kisses along my neck.

I turned around and looked up at him.

"That's the thing Ethan. I was face to face with him. I- I shot at him and it just barely missed his head. It could've been over. I could've stopped this." I said still distressed.

He put his hand on my cheek.

"Julie none of this is your fault."

"No but it is. He's after me and Sam. If we would've just surrendered then-"

"No. Hey. Absolutely not. We don't trade lives." He said.

"I know I just- I miss them so much already. Especially Quinn." I said letting a tear fall down my cheek that Ethan wiped away with his thumb.

"I miss not having her in the other room. And having her barge in my room out of nowhere." I chuckled tearfully.

"I know. And I know it's hard right now Princess but you're going to beat this. And you're going to make it out alive. I promise." Ethan said.

I nodded but I was still not convinced. He didn't know that for sure.

"I'm really tired. Of all this. I just want it to be over." I said.

"And it will be, soon." He said.

I sighed. That's when Sam walked in.

"Hey. Guys. Gale's arrived at the hospital. We gotta go."

Me and Ethan walked after her together.

*ABOUT AN HOUR LATER*

Gale was now in stable condition but was still unconscious. Gale had made us promise not to tell Sidney that Ghostface got to her. So we didn't. We all knew that if we did, Sidney would try to come to New York which would put her in serious danger.

We were all standing in the waiting room when Danny appeared.

"I got here as fast as I could."  He panted.

Tara looked up at him suspiciously.

"Did you?" She asked.

Danny didn't answer the question.

Tara layed back down on my shoulder and on my other side was Chad. Mindy was sitting on Chad's other side and Ethan was standing up. Sam was sitting across from us and Danny was standing in front of her.

"I'm scared you guys. I really don't want to get hurt again." I said quietly.

"Yeah me neither." Chad said.

Chad looked stressed.

"I don't want you getting hurt either." I said to him.

"I know. I know." He said putting his hand on my knee and laying against my other shoulder.