20. Taking Stand

Jeon Jungkook

I sighed, looking at the screen infront of me nth time. As my mind was still stuck on the events from past night and today's morning. I woke up a little early to make breakfast for him and offer him in the bed. He was glowing in the morning. A changed Taehyung than the day I met him for the first time.

All I wanted right now was him to be happy. Genuinely happy and I think I am trying my best in doing so. I heard a knock on my door followed by Hyunjin coming.

"What's up my boy?" he asked.

"Can't you see?" I scoffed.

"Someone is pissed in the morning. Didn't want to leave your boy toy back." he said.

"He is not a toy, Hyunjin."

"I am sorry. I was just making the mood lighter."

"Referring a human being to the toy? Seriously?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I didn't mean it..." he said. He is being extra quirky today.

"I am here to inform you that, you have to accompany French investors to the construction site tomorrow morning first thing."

"Why would I do that? Shouldn't the head of maintenance department go on my behalf?"

"See this isn't some Korean Investors, they are French, we gotta give them some protocol. When there are two solid competitors in the market ready to offer them for future deals. We must secure future deals with them too showing our best front." Hyunjin sighed.

"Do you think Taehyung would be a good addition to our company?" I asked.

"Wait.... Where did he come in? I am talking about French..."

"Yes, I'll go there."

"And about Taehyung, we still don't have a lead on that Insuk guy, I mean, I have someone tailing him but no use. He is some typical street side goon. That goes to club, play cards and give people some loans with interest. That's it, we couldn't find his higher up or body he is answerable to. Do you think it is safe for Taehyung to come out free and work here."

"He will be safe here. I am here. How is that possible, I mean how he contacts with the person he is working for." I added.

"I covered that aspect also, his phone records were clear too. If you wanna go through them shall I send you the detail? Only some occasional calls made to his gambling partners that's all. I can't say if he has some burner phone in his possession or not."

"There is no use. The person he is working for might be clever or he just needed him for one time use only. That's the only possibility that supports this fact."

"Hmmmm... You are right. If he was a regular worker than he should have been in contact with the main guy. Whoever this person is he is really cunning." Hyunjin sighed. "What about Taehyung did he remember anything else. Any details that he might have missed."

"No, he still get shaken when I bring up the topic and he said he only saw Insuk for the first time when he took him away from his house. Before that Taehyung was studying here in Seoul in Business Management University. He managed his expenses with multiple part time jobs, one of it was the bakery I told you about."

"Hmm...Right... Creamy delights.... Why it sounds like I've heard this name before somewhere...." he scratched the back of his neck.

"You are going off-topic, I asked your opinion about Tae joining the office?"

"Okay if you say so and what about uncle? How are you gonna tell him?"

"No one has to know. I am the one acting as current CEO." I reasoned.