Luck Voltia × Reader : Heart and Insanity

Start from the beginning

However, on the contrary of your thoughts, Luck's eyes softened and his stoic smile grew warmer. A sight, only you and a rare number of people were fortunate enough to witness.

But your eyes stayed downcast, even as he approached you till his feet entered your range of sight. It shouldn't have really shocked you, but the way your boyfriend enfolded you in his arm brought a sudden sense of reassurance, peace, and security to your troubled mind.

"I will not let my guard down. I will make sure to come back to you in one piece. Just like I always do." His voice was lower, deeper, and smoother it sent chills up and down your spine.

You circled your arms around his and pressed his head further into the crook of your neck. What were you to do if he was taken away from you in this mission? What if this was the last time you would get to feel his touch? What could you do to make this moment last forever?

At that moment, you made the grand sin of envying the Wizard King for his time magic.

"Luck! Stop making me wait, you idiot! We have to go before Yami-san kills us!" You swore you could hear a crack in Magna's voice as he got the words as rapidly and quietly as he could, afraid that he might summon the demon that he had just uttered his name.

"Okay!" Apparently, Luck paid no mind to being as cautious as Magna for his voice echoed inside the empty hall.

"Well, then," he returned his focus back to you, "I will see you later."

And you saw it.

You saw in his eyes the crave that called for you; the desire to stay with you; the wish to hold onto your shared moment for eternity.

At least, your desire was reciprocal.

But there was something beyond that. All Luck wanted to do was to kiss you, but intimate gestures were always something that seemed too simple for him that they became hard to initiate.

He was never used to such closeness, and had definitely never experienced openness about his feelings to another individual.

But that individual was you. You who overlooked his flaws and accepted him for his natural self; you who did not care for what people thought of you when you had been spotted holding hands with him; you who was more than happy to share the rest of your days with him.

And also you who never failed to read his mind and grant his wishes, for the press of your lips into his felt too heavenly for him to be real.

When you parted away, it was more than evident that you did not want to let go of one another. The want to indulge in such moment and melt in it was stronger than any opponent Luck had ever encountered.

Except that he was not sure if such wish would reveal itself to be a friend or a foe.

Bidding you their final goodbyes, the duo, fully equipped now, stepped further and further away from the base, and you stood by the threshold watching them disappear into the woods.

And for some reason, your heart kept shattering as you heard it whisper farewells that sounded too permanent for you liking.

~~~