Chapter 24 - Mixed Training Camp

It was a Thursday, shortly after the start of the third period. The buses were moving in a row one after the other.

In the meantime, ‘Where are we going, what are we going to do’ is still not deciphered. Not even a single explanation was given..

We were told that it would be a trip of about three hours, we could only take the products we liked with us. Phone, books, cards, food, drinks, etc. Some even brought a game console or something.

Everyone was happy to go out, to go to the camp. But it was so obvious that we weren't going on a picnic. If we had set off on winter break, I would have said maybe we were going on a trip, but 3.the semester has already started.

We're in a long tunnel. When I thought it must have been 2-3 minutes since I entered the tunnel, my visual angle suddenly brightened up. So we came out of the tunnel.

As if she had been waiting for this, Chabashira sensei also took action. Then I felt like my ears were ringing.

Chabashira: I'm interrupting your fun, but shut up now.

Chabashira, holding a microphone in her hand, was addressing the students.

Chabashira: I was hoping that there might be some of you who are wondering where we are going

Ike: Of course we are curious, Sensei. We're not going to the island again... are we?

Chabashira: Since you still remember, what happened on the island is fresh in your memory. But rest assured. It is not possible to do this kind of exam all the time. Anyway, one of the reasons we held that exam was because it was the summer heat. Anyway, as you more or less guessed, you will be subjected to a special exam. Your standard of living will be much higher than island exam.

Chabashira: In this exam specially prepared for you class D–!

She had come to the end of a long sentence, but Chabashira paused. At this pause, most of my classmates grinned and laughed. Chabashira bowed her head slightly and apologized.

Chabashira: I'm sorry. Now you are class C. Since you rank up class, I'll give you more details

We were promoted to C class with the last exam. We beat the C class from the paper mixing exam, their score decreased and our score increased

The fact that the announcement took place on the bus was a sign that we could make some preliminary preparations. Or can we plan something by thinking about it?

It is necessary to look for clues by listening carefully to everything the teacher says,as you know, Chabashira-sensei usually makes veiled statements

Chabashira: The bus takes you to a school deep in the mountain. My guess is we'll be there in less than 1 hour. The shorter I keep the explanation, the longer you guys have ‘thinking time’ will be.

So, it's less than 1 hour until the special exam starts. If we take about 20-30 minutes to explain, there is time for 30-40 minutes to think about strategy or about exam.

Chabashira: It can be said that you don't have a chance to communicate with upper-class students unless you join partner clubs. But at the mountain school, we will act together as an entire school for 8 days and 7 nights.It will be a different test than the sports festival. This special exam is called ‘Mixed Training Camp.’So that you don't get confused, I'm distributing brochures with explanations of the exam

Chabashira handed the papers to those sitting in the first row. So we took one and extended it to the back. The explanations consisted of several pages. Sensei, since she didn't say don't read or anything, I started shuffling the pages and examining them.