Chapter 14 - Sports Festival

(I skipped volume 4, it's too complicated and I didn't know how to write it)

We finally came back. We went back to our normal school life again. I went to school as usual and sat in my row.

Our class teacher, Chabashira-sensei, came in and started making disinterested remarks.

Chabashira: Starting today, classes will continue as normal, but during the period from September to October, the number of physical education classes will be increased due to the sports festival in a one-month period. I'm distributing the printouts of the festival program.

As soon as they heard the word sports festival, screams went up from one part of the class. Of course, there were also students who were looking forward to the festival, but there were also a lot of students who felt antipathy to a sports-oriented event.

Hirata: Sensei, is this also a special exam?

Chabashira: You are free to interpret this issue as you wish. But in any case, it is true that classes will have a big impact on

Chabashira-sensei neither confirmed nor denied saying so, she gave a vague answer. So it was like the usual, we probably should have found something ourselves

"Yay!!!”

On the other hand, students who were athletic like Sudou raised their spirits as if they were saying “This is it”.

I was reading the festival program given by Chabashira-sensei. It was really interesting

Chabashira:There are probably some who have already seen and noticed this, but this sports festival has adopted the method of dividing all the school years into two separate groups and they have been allowed to compete with each other. Class D is on the red team, which also includes class A, which means that we will be allied with team A during the festival.

Guidelines

1-The sports festival's competitive system is built upon dividing all school years between the Red Team and the White Team.
Class A and Class D will be on the Red Team.
Class B and Class C will be on the White Team

2-Allocation of points for all participants in the competitions (Individual Competitions)
1st placer gets 15 points
2nd placer gets 12 points
3rd placer gets 10 points
4th placer gets 8 points
1 point each will be deducted for placing lower than 5th place.

3-In the case of team competitions, the winning team will be allocated 500 points.

4-Allocation of points for participants of recommended competitions
1st placer gets 50 points
2nd placer gets 30 points
3rd placer gets 15 points
4th placer gets 10 points
2 points each will be deducted for placing lower than 5th place
The relay which will be the final contest will be awarding 3 times the points.

5-The impact of the outcome of Red Team vs. White Team
From the totality of all the school years the losing team will have 100 points equally subtracted from their class points across all school years.