ACT 4 - THE WAY HOME

Start from the beginning

Edward 

A gentle voice started calling Sara, telling her to wake up, Sara slowly opened her eyes: it's Elizabeth telling her that they are close, and they can see the "κοκκινα ματια" (kokkina matia).

Sara got up and started looking through the window, and suddenly... she opened her eyes when she saw it, and It was majestic: kokina matia, a complete ecosystem, and a whole kingdom that was built under a gigantic magical dome that had two important tasks: protect the vampires from sunlight, and make their land invisible to the curious outsider.

This the first time Sara sees "κοκκινα ματια" (kokkina matia) in all of its glory, and the first time she saw it from the outside since it's hard for vampires to ever leave the dome.

This whole time and for some reason, Elizabeth kept her eyes closed, but she smiled at Sara and said "it's beautiful..., right honey?", Sara looked at her grandmother and smiled "yes!!! It's so big and round!! I've never seen it like this!!! If I knew it would be like this, I would've gotten out to see it often...".

Elizabeth smiled and said with a soft yet serious tone "the outside world is a hard place for a vampire to survive, Sara, because even though we are blessed with immortality and great power, we have two very bad weaknesses...".

Sara tilted her head in confusion "two? I thought it was the sun...", Elizabeth smiled "pin pon...., you're right!! we are weak to sunlight, but not to the same degree...", Sara looked at her in confusion "degree?!".

The grandmother looks at Maria who continues "yes, Sara..., a normal vampire can withstand direct sunlight for no more than 2 minutes before starting to burn, and no more than 30 minutes to start disintegrating!!", Sara says "that's short.... that's why we have the big dome!!".

the kingdom of vampires (Kokkina matia)

Maria continued "but, powerful vampires can withstand more, like your father...", Sara smiled "how long can he withstand?! I want to know!!", Maria looks at Elizabeth who stayed silent for a moment and said "he withstood the sun light for 7 days....".

Maria and Sara's eyes widened up in surprise as they yelled "EHHH!!??", Maria started stuttering "7....7 days!!! I've never heard this story!! when did it happen?! I didn't think he could do something so reckless like that!!!", Sara yells "papa must be so strong!!! Oh right.... You said there's two weaknesses!!".

The smile leaves Elizabeth's face as she said "yes... two...., it's finally the time... for you to know this second weakness, because it is what makes us vampires...., it always reminds us that... we are nothing but weak creatures..., no matter how powerful we might be..., it reminds us that we are not perfect..., that we are not gods...., heh, maybe it's a sign from god himself...".

Sara looked at her grandmother with a serious look "what is it....", Elizabeth looked at Maria who takes a deep breath and says "Sara...., vampires don't heal....", Sara started looking at her "don't... heal...? but papa...", Maria continued "when a vampire gets wounded..., that wound will never heal...., and if he doesn't close it.., he's going to die....".

Maria noticed Sara's face and said "do you see Sara...? all it takes to kill a vampire is a scratch, and that would be enough to kill him as the watery blood in our vessels can never be stopped from bleeding out", Sara put a sad face "so is papa going to die?".

Maria smiled as she started looking at Elizabeth and said "maybe that what made us strong in the first place....", Elizabeth smiled and hugged Sara "this so called (weakness) is what brought us together under one roof, Sara..., all of this is thanks to it..., you can call it a weakness, and at the same time some might see it as a blessing!!!", Sara started smiling "yes..., you're right!!!".

Sara noticed that on top of the dome lays something, it looked like two circles intersecting in a funny way, drawn on the dome and rotating continuously around itself.

Her grandmother smiled and said "that's one of the legendary symbols, the 2nd symbol of the "shield" to be exact, these symbols are a miracle given by God to the kings of the "kokina matia", and each king gets his own... new symbol", Sara looks at her and say "so, papa is the 6th king and he has 6 symbols... huh? So, that makes me.... (gasp) oh right, i forgot that I have more symbols than papa!".

She kept holding seven fingers as they started laughing, but the smile faded quickly from Maria's face...., they got interrupted by the driver who yelled "we've reached our destination".

The chariot stopped in front of the massive dome, suddenly a portion of the dome disappeared making a door so they can enter, Elizabeth said "behold Sara, we're home!".

Sara opened her eyes while looking at one of the best views of the kingdom, the palace was located on top of a 6km tall mountain with stairs leading all the way up, surrounded by the homes of the thousands of vampires.

At the right side of the mountain exists a big forest, and on the left side there's the downtown, a place where vampire meet each other to buy and sell items, on the far left side exists the cemetery in which lay legends who died defending their h...

At the right side of the mountain exists a big forest, and on the left side there's the downtown, a place where vampire meet each other to buy and sell items, on the far left side exists the cemetery in which lay legends who died defending their home, Sara kept staring at the cemetery for a bit...

Maria noticed that and looked at Elizabeth "master....", Elizabeth smiled and grabbed Sara's attention and said "don't be sad Sara, for vampires... dying was never the end, but what really matters is...what you have left..., we always loved war Sara, we breathed it, and enjoyed it...".

Elizabeth let a slight sight as she continued "sounds ironic, right...? we die from the smallest of wounds but can't stop risking it all for those who we love, always remember Sara..., we don't fear death, we fear being forgotten".

Sara's eyes widen when she heard those words from her grandmother and cheered up..., Elizabeth keeps looking at her grandchild smiling, and she started smiling back...., suddenly she opened her eyes...

Even though Elizabeth looks like a woman in her 30s, but she's actually 10,799 years old, her silky black hair had white strands to ensure that she has seen it all in her everlasting life..., but when she opened her eyes..., for some reason..., they were white...., and not the usual red color that the vampires have...

As the wagon completed its way up the mountain, the royal family can be seen waiting at the front gate, nicely dressed, drake, Sophia, Sebastian, Emma, and Martip, the driver gets his hat off, drake smiles and says "welcome...., Edward...", Edward kept looking at everyone and smiled "yeah..., good to be back!!".