Finding the Lost Legion

Start from the beginning

He walked towards the scythe, picking it up with both hands, again, he felt like he was ice cold. The metal almost sticking to him, but from it, he drew power, he felt strong. Like before he was simply stood still, whereas now, he felt like he was everywhere.

He looked out over the horizon and saw the thousands, hundreds of thousands of spirits strewn out before him, each of them looking normal, no glowing, no see through bodies, just like people, and from the crowd he picked one out.

Hazel. He had to get to her and save her, he didn't know exactly where she was, but the scythe seemed to. Because as that thought passed by his mind, he found himself hurtling through space. Landing hard on some greeting cards.

Hazel's POV

With that concluded, Hazel knew they had to move on. She tried to sound confident, but it wasn't easy. She wished Arion were still with her. She'd much rather ride into battle on that beautiful horse.

Ever since they'd left Vancouver, she'd been calling to him in her thoughts, hoping he would hear her and come find her, but that was just wishful thinking. Frank patted his stomach. "If we're going to battle to the death, I want lunch first. I found the perfect place."

Frank led them to a shopping plaza near the wharf, where an old railway car had been converted to a diner. Hazel had no memory of the place from the 1940s, but the food smelled amazing, and that was good enough for her.

While Frank and Percy ordered, Hazel wandered down to the docks and asked some questions and (Y/N) went with her, by her request. There was something she wanted to know, something that had been grating on her.

If today was the day she was going to die, she didn't want to go without asking the question of him that she had longed to hear the answer to from the day he set foot in Camp Jupiter. Hazel looked at him, and couldn't contain herself any longer.

"(Y/N)" She said quietly, he looked over at her and smiled, "Wassup?" "Can I ask you something?" He looked like he was about to make a comment, but seeing her face, his smile faded a little and he nodded,

"What...what was Bianca like?" She asked tentatively, the moment she said it, she felt the mood grow darker, she saw a flash of sadness pass by his face, Hazel, fearing she had overstepped, tried to backpedal.

"It's not that important really I-" (Y/N) went back to smiling. "Brave." He said, cutting off her embarrassment. "Braver than most people. Braver than me by far, and kind, very kind." There was an edge to his voice for a moment.

He stopped walking so he could face Hazel. "You remind me of her." Hazel scoffed, "I doubt it's the family resemblance." He stifled a laugh "Nahhh, not quite...though you do have similar noses. It's the way you talk."

His eyes lit up as he spoke, almost literally, "Like you're about to tell me off, that was her to a tee." Hazel grinned, "Oh, so you annoyed her too?" He nodded happily, "Naturally. What has Nico told you?"

Hazel frowned, but (Y/N) nodded as this was answer enough, "It's still tough for him. Unlike the rest of us, he had the privilege of knowing her for all his life, I can't imagine how he feels without her..."

His brow furrowed and he began frowning at his wrist. As if he expected it to turn into something horrible. Hazel shook her head, "We don't have to talk about it if you-" "No, it's fine, she's your sister, of course you'd want to know more, and besides..."

"I'm proud, honored really, to be able to tell you about her. I can't pretend I knew her very long, or very well, but I'm glad you asked. I think about her a lot, and telling you I feel..." He trailed off, but Hazel understood.