Finding the Lost Legion

Start from the beginning

That was when he knew it was right, that he was still frightened of it, that he was still running from it. Because in that moment, despite all his strength, (Y/N) felt like that little kid again. Unable to move in the moment he needed to most.

"YOU!" It screamed, and as (Y/N) froze up, it jumped for his throat, claws ready to slash clean through it, but the shadow never made it that far, it was suspended in the air, and then, as if by an invisible force, it was torn apart.

(Y/N) was still in shock, even as his enemy disappeared, he had to blink a few times to even react, he hadn't taken a breath for almost ten seconds, and once his brain comprehended what happened, he looked at the mass of ghosts surrounding him. Looking for a savior among them.

There was one he did know. One who frightened him. He recognized her on sight, as someone he respected a great deal. He got chills down his whole body. Suddenly realizing there were more powerful things than him in this place as he stared into the eyes of Marie Catherine Laveau.

This was one of the only times in his life that (Y/N) had ever felt intimidated by a spirit. Something that by most right, he should have had control over. But looking at her, he felt entirely out of his depth.

He swallowed a lump in his throat. She didn't speak. She just looked at him curiously, an eyebrow raised, and then smiled. As if she was saying "Making trouble in my city? Who the hell do you think you are?"

Not knowing what else to do. (Y/N) drew a little X in the air with his powers. He would have knocked on their crypt and turned around a few times too, but for one, there wasn't much of it left, and second, she stopped him there.

She looked quite pleased, taking it as a sign of respect. "Honor to meet you...Can I...uh...take that?" He asked, pointing to his father's scythe. She nodded, circling the X in the air with her finger. She held out her palm.

Not having anything else of value. (Y/N) passed the gem that he had gotten from Hazel. The Voodoo Queen seemed happy with the gift. (Y/N) didn't feel it would be a good idea to tell her that it was inside him about an hour ago.

If she knew, Marie didn't seem to care. She looked him over, motioning to the slashes on his chest, and the cuts along his body, as well as the gash in his stomach. (Y/N) could use his powers now though, so he was content with healing them himself.

"Oh, it's fine...happens more often than you'd think, I'm honestly surprised my internal organs haven't gotten used to it by now. I'll walk it off" He said, waving it off. The ghost did not seem pleased by this prognosis.

(Y/N)'s whole body erupted into grey light. His wounds closed in an instant. "Wow, this Voodoo stuff is no joke." He said, standing up straighter. Jumping up and down to test himself. Apart from the lack of a shoe, he felt great.

"Thanks. I forgot you were a healer too." She shrugged, then began looking around, assessing the damage. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" (Y/N) began saying before being interrupted by the deafening sound of the ghost snapping her fingers.

It was so loud he was forced to close his eyes and put his hands over his ears, once he finally opened his eyes again, he found himself alone in the city of the dead, which was entirely restored, as if nothing had happened.

Only he and the scythe remained untouched, "That was awesome. Lou Ellan's never gonna believe this." He muttered before he stepped towards the weapon. Suddenly able to without issue.

Trust Thanatos to leave his scythe under the protection of one of the greatest magic users in history. It was no wonder why (Y/N) was stopped by her magic and why the wolves outside failed to sniff it out.