As my cue came, I started to sing, and everything that'd been troubling me had fallen away. For this hour and forty five minutes, I wasn't Lauren; I was Luna Re, the most confident and self assured person you'd ever come across. Luna Re had no troubles, no internal struggles, and definitely nothing less than a hundred and ten percent given on stage.

The fans loved Luna Re, and so did I.

~~~~~~~

After the show, it was time to return to Micah's place here in New York.

Tomorrow was my last day here, and I was trying my best not to be upset about it. Of course I didn't want to leave New York. Sade's here and when I leave, how soon would it be until I got to see her again?

Days, weeks, months?

And after last seeing her, I couldn't just leave, not like this...

When she and I had a moment that'd been unfortunately interrupted by Hunter, it made things feel very...unfinished, when I left.

Hunter was surprised to see me when I was the one to exit Sade's home office instead of Sade herself. And when she came out of the room shortly after me, it seemed Hunter may have connected some dots, but didn't say a word.

She and I were in urgent need of a one on one talk though, and that's what we had before I met Troy downstairs.

We chatted at Sade's kitchen island while she claimed to have gone to take a shower. Knowing her though, she probably let the water run while eavesdropping at the top of the steps.

An apology to Hunter was due on my account.

Back in college, I let my issues with Sade interfere with our friendship, and ended up losing my best friend. Hunter admitted to being hurt by the action, to which I could only offer a sincere voice of regret and a promise to do better, in hopes of rekindling what we had.

Though I expected more animosity and more hardship in trying to get our friendship back, Hunter, to my surprise, took me in her arms, whispering "all's forgiven" before drawing back with a smile. I was shocked to say the least, and questioned the action.

Waving me off, she said she completely understood and probably would've felt just as torn in my position then. And just like that, we were back in each other's lives. Words couldn't explain how glad I was when leaving Sade's apartment.

That all faded away once I returned to an expectedly empty apartment, and was met with Micah, and his attitude.

Thankfully, I was getting the silent treatment that night instead of slaps in the face, things thrown at me, or me being thrown into something.

All week, he's been giving me shit, about this and that, day in and day out. And to say I was drained by now, wasn't even the word. Anytime he displayed affection toward me, which had become rare now, was only if eyes were on us.

Behind closed doors, though, he was a completely different person. And it made me think of when we first met. How stupid I must've been...

The facade I see so clearly now, I believed was the real him then. He treated me as if I meant the world to him, like he'd do anything for me. And it went from constantly feeling special to only feeling special until I said or did something he didn't like. That then became me being a punching bag whenever I said or did something he didn't like, and only feeling special when around others, or he did something behind my back and didn't want me to find out about it.

Now, he just does it anyway, and is aggressive with me all the time, even just for being too quiet. And as for feeling special...not even an audience gave him motivation for that anymore.