Chapter 22. Her Purity!

Start from the beginning

The next morning

Pia opened her eyes and felt a weight on her upper body. She tried to move but was held tightly in a grip.

She turned and saw his calm face. She smiled remembering how he saved her from those scary goons.

She realised their position and got up with a start waking him up.

"Pia! Are you alright?" He asked her clutching her shoulders. She nodded slowly removing his hands and moving to the washroom.

He was confused at her behaviour and went outside the room.

He checked his phone to find 16 missed calls from Hardik and Rashmi both.

He called Rashmi to hear her narrating yesterday's event that unfolded in the wedding venue.

He was angry at how they could blame Pia for her kidnapping.

He said that she need not go through such humiliation just to prove her innocence.

Pia came out in the living room dressed in her torn lehenga.

"Pia! What...where are you going? Here have some coffee first," Harish poured the coffee in the cup and told her to relax.

"No, thanks. You have done enough. I need to reach the wedding hall. I don't want to be late," Pia tried to hide her true emotions by looking down.

Harish understood her dilemma and told her to wait while he changed.

At the wedding venue

Abhishek was sitting on the mandapa waiting for Pia as he promised.

He could see the tension on the Barve family and knew that he had to stay by his words.

Hardik called Harish in the morning to which he told that they had left the apartment and on their way to the wedding venue.

At the venue gate, Pia moved out of the car and saw that Harish was following her inside.

She saw that the people in the venue were glancing at her and her broken state. She paid zero attention to them and only looked at the man who was watching her approach the mandapa.

Pia looked at his blank face and spoke

"Do you..." Abhishek looked at her torn lehenga and huffed.

He got from his seat and walked to her caressing her arms saying

"Go change. I will wait. Hm?" He tried to smile to assure her.

Pia went inside the dressing room followed by Rashmi and Priyanka.

Abhishek glared at Harish who was not understanding his behaviour. He ignored it and went back to his car as he didn't want to watch the drama.

In the dressing room

Rashmi was applying the makeup on her face with a worried look.

She opted to stay silent and thought to ask her about the incident when Pia was normal.

Priyanka told her to get up for the final check. Pia hissed as she got up, tensing the other ladies.

She told about the fall that she had when one of the goons had slapped her.

Rashmi felt her blood boil hearing the trauma that her cupcake had to endure.

Pia was finding it difficult to walk because of the severe pain but she tolerated it for the sake of her family and their happiness.