Chapter 17. Closer to the truth.

Pia enjoyed her little double date with Abhishek. However, it was difficult for Abhishek to freely talk with her as her sister and brother-in-law would always linger around them.

"Oh, I missed it! Sheesh! This is the second time in a row! Guess I don't have that spark today," Akash sat on the couch giving up to which the girls laughed at his excuse making face.

Pia went for her turn and was finding it difficult to pick the ball and throw it. She tried the first time and got a gutter ball.

She tsked and looked back at her companions who shrugged their shoulders encouraging her for her second chance.

She picked the ball and felt a strong hand support hers. She looked back to see Abhishek holding her hand guiding her.

She felt uneasy and tried to maintain her stance. He moved closer and instructed her on how to throw the ball. She listened to his words and moved back ready to throw the ball.

A clean shot!

Pia low screamed at her win and turned to hug him tightly. Abhishek was taken aback by her sudden hug and held her even tighter.

Pia realised their position and tried to move but Abhishek had another plans.

He spoke "Just...just give me a minute, please?" Pia was not understanding his behaviour but nevertheless she agreed to his demand.

After some time, Abhishek backed and looked in her eyes searching for the same love that he has for her.

Blank.

He huffed looking down and congratulated her.

She smiled at his remark and went towards the cheering Priyanka and Akash, who took her for a group hug.

Abhishek gazed on them wishing her to accept his love...soon.

Joshi residence

Hardik was sitting on the couch looking at the sulking Harish watching the city glimmering in the night lights.

He was drinking the hard liquid burning his throat even after the therapist had told him to avoid drinks as much as possible.

"Dude, Would you stop draining yourself!" Hardik tried to stop him from taking another shot at which he shrugged his hands saying

"For whom, huh?! For her? who decided to leave me half way, *huff* traitor! Backstabber! That..." he sat with a thud on the floor and rolled on his back with flowing tears. He looked at the ceiling which was black just like his life with her gone.

Hardik tsked at the ruined state of his brother and thought to talk to his dad about the idea given by Rashmi.

Barve Residence

Pia and her friend were discussing the incidence that had happened in the café. Her friend was happy that she was able to let go of her feelings to some extent.

As for Harish, her friend said that he would have to learn to heal himself and not wait for Pia to console him as always. Pia was half-heartedly listening to her.

But she thought that whatever her friend was telling was the ultimate truth that she had to follow if she wants to lead a normal married life with Abhishek.

Dheer Pvt. Ltd.

CFO Cabin

"Are you sure, you were not followed?" The young man took out a bundle of cash and threw it on the hungry spy's face.